compress car for gta/fivem

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
MrGeH

compress car for gta/fivem

Post by MrGeH »

First of all sorry for the horrible english.
Come on, I'm converting a car from gta san to gta v/fivem, but when I finish the conversion and I'm going to send it to fivem and spawn the car, the game crashes and says it goes over 100mb but the car weighs 23mb, does anyone know how can i compact the car or optimize its weight?
Attachments
Screenshot_22.png
Screenshot_22.png (6.75 KiB) Viewed 994 times
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: compress car for gta/fivem

Post by Oleg »

The .yft file is packed, so the unpacked file is quite likely to be 100Mb+. There are no tools to reduce model size. In general, you can temporary get rid of some geometry (e.g interior and under the hood) to drop the model size. if you can reach something like 13Mb of .yft file, it is likely the game will start and and spawn the model.

If this solves the issue, then you can look for a proper way to reduce the model size like converting model to 3dsMax and using "Optimize" tools or something like that.
MrGeH

Post by MrGeH »

I found another way to solve this, you can divide the parts and make the car complete by adding the missing part by gta v tuning garage or by some tuning script for fivem, messing with carcols.
Fireside

Post by Fireside »

MrGeH wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:23 am I found another way to solve this, you can divide the parts and make the car complete by adding the missing part by gta v tuning garage or by some tuning script for fivem, messing with carcols.
You can do this, but you're not solving the original problem which is too many polys. Your models are just too high detail. If you're making the car for personal use or for a very small server, no problem. Enjoy the HQ result. But if developing for a server with lots of cars and a decent sized population, your car is going to have a performance impact on players. And on an RP server, it sux trying to sell half a car in the shop lol.

I would suggest doing a serious clean up on that bad boy. Have a look at some of the tricks the Rockstar dev's used to make their cars. Like deleting any unnecessary detail. EG the underside of an engine nobody can see, etc.. And the optimize polygonal mesh option in the submesh option of the modify tab is really quite a powerful little util.