glass collisions

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Simo_1882

glass collisions

Post by Simo_1882 »

Hello when I shoot against the windscreen is divided into two parts, the material is the same
Attachments
Screenshot (596).png
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: glass collisions

Post by Oleg »

there is no UV#2 data assigned on an object. Create any UV layout on 2nd channel and the game will be able to apply shatter glass effect texture properly.
Simo_1882

Post by Simo_1882 »

Oleg wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:07 pm there is no UV#2 data assigned on an object. Create any UV layout on 2nd channel and the game will be able to apply shatter glass effect texture properly.
the effect of the shattered glass gave me, but it only works in half the windshield
Attachments
Screenshot (598).png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

have you placed .cwgv file(s) into an export folder, so ZModeler could create a glass shattering data in exported file? if you don't, ZModeler will generate a simplified data that I can't be sure to work fine in game.

does only front window suffer this problem or other windows do the same? check the windscreen local axes location, reset them to center (center to object) and test in game; if still no luck, move local axes to the left border of the window.
Simo_1882

Post by Simo_1882 »

Oleg wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:19 am have you placed .cwgv file(s) into an export folder, so ZModeler could create a glass shattering data in exported file? if you don't, ZModeler will generate a simplified data that I can't be sure to work fine in game.

does only front window suffer this problem or other windows do the same? check the windscreen local axes location, reset them to center (center to object) and test in game; if still no luck, move local axes to the left border of the window.
does not generate files .cwgv
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

this could be the problem.
Import any stock game model and grab generated .cwgv files from import folder into the folder you export your model to. Then re-export your model and exporter will put these .cwgv files into your .yft file.

also, you can grab .crash objects from hierarchy of imported (original) model into your vehicle's hierarchy. adjust objects location relative to glass window objects (and/or paint vertices to refine glass shatter area) and export. If you have .crash objects in hierarchy, you do not need a .cwgv file for associated object.