[SOLVED] Mesh corrupt after Attach

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
raazornc

[SOLVED] Mesh corrupt after Attach

Post by raazornc »

The texture looks like this when I attach the 2 items.

I'm wanting to reduce the hierarchy due to this error::

Does anyone know how to downsize the vehicle?
Last edited by raazornc on Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Mesh corrupt after Attach

Post by Oleg »

1. Your geometry object is way too detailed (too many vertices/polygons) to be used in game.

2. When you attach one object to another, the object can not exceed 64K vertices.
raazornc

Post by raazornc »

Oleg wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:03 am 1. Your geometry object is way too detailed (too many vertices/polygons) to be used in game.

2. When you attach one object to another, the object can not exceed 64K vertices.
How do I reduce the vertices and be able to attach one object to another?
norskpl

Post by norskpl »

You can use groups - more info is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocUiC_-JdYQ
Second way is to use "optimizes polygonal mesh" option in submesh tab (modify tab), however effects may not be good.
You have to very meticulously divide the object into smaller parts and optimise them one by one to get the better result.
If the result is not satisfactory, you can use third party software for optimization like Instalod or Simplygon. You can also use a blender and its optimisation options.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I can see on the top screenshot that the exported YFT file is 180Mb. This is 12 times bigger than the game can handle. I doubt the 3D model one picked up for conversion into the game will ever work in game. I suggest to pick another model for conversion.
raazornc

Post by raazornc »

Thanks