YCD File

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Rigolo35

YCD File

Post by Rigolo35 »

Hi what can cause an animation to be played only on openIV and not ingame? it doesn't work until I spawn the car multiple times
it was working fine in the first spawn, until I changed the animated component bone name and tag id on codewalker
also what's the correct method to re-name components in .ycd file? because when I re-name the components and re-assign it to the animation file and then extract .ycd and .yft files, the animation works only on openIV just like I described in the first line
Rigolo35

Re: YCD File

Post by Rigolo35 »

does anyone have an idea about the problem?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: YCD File

Post by Oleg »

I don't think you should edit ZModeler-exported .ycd file in CodeWalker at all. In general, ZModeler gives you a ready-to-use .ycd file, so just put it into the mod and use in game.

If you need to rename part on an animation, you should rename the track in ZModeler's animation window AND assign the associated part onto this track. If I'm not mistaken, ZModeler will use assigned object's name when binding track to hierarchy element on export, so track name could be suppressed if you've changed track name only. Yet when no objects assigned, exporter will use track name of cause.