[SOLVED] HELP WITH DOOR ROTATION

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
raazornc

[SOLVED] HELP WITH DOOR ROTATION

Post by raazornc »

Hi, I'm new to this, I'm learning little by little and the forums and videos are helping me a lot!
But I have a problem: is it possible to make an already created vehicle, open the trunk? The original vehicle does not open the trunk, is it possible to open it?

Does anyone know how to solve? I put giroflex in this car and it appears like this in the game, I already exported all the textures to ytd.
Last edited by raazornc on Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raazornc

Re: HELP WITH DOOR ROTATION

Post by raazornc »

I managed to fix the lights, I had to change the vehicle's .meta.

I wanted to know if in the matter of vehicle port rotations I would also have to change some .meta file?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

i think something is messed in scene hierarchy. Make sure you have required dummy nodes (e.g. for the driver seat position) and these dummies are in correct hierarchy branches. Currently it looks like driver seat dummy is a child of driver door object.

In general, rotating objects should have collision for them to work properly.
Also, rotation objects should have rotation on axes unlocked: when L0/L1. are toggled off and you see dummy objects only, select the door dummy node, expand its properties. there is a "GTA Options" property there. double-click to open a window and specify what options are enabled there?
raazornc

Post by raazornc »

I've already created the collisions of the part I want to rotate.

The options are these for all vehicle doors:
TRUNK: (The door I want to open)
BONNET:
DOOR D SIDE R:
DOOR P SIDE R:
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

the object you are messing with is not a door. the game does not know this is an openable door. I guess this part requires specific configuration in metadata file, so the game knows how to deal with this part.

Alternatively, rename part to be actually the door: e.g. door_dside_r
raazornc

Post by raazornc »

Oleg wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:01 am the object you are messing with is not a door. the game does not know this is an openable door. I guess this part requires specific configuration in metadata file, so the game knows how to deal with this part.

Alternatively, rename part to be actually the door: e.g. door_dside_r
Thank you very, very much, the problem is really solved, you are amazing!

I renamed it to "boot" and it worked.