Helicopter export bugged recently?

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
TomcattersVF31
Beginner

Helicopter export bugged recently?

Post by TomcattersVF31 »

I was working on a helicopter mod and ran into a problem which I researched for over an hour until I noticed it happens to any helicopter I export...

Helicopters use 2 models each for the rotor: one static model when rotor is switched off or turning slowly (main_rotor_slow; rear_rotor_slow) and one for fast rotation (main_rotor_fast; rear_rotor_fast) while flying, mostly with blurred textures to simulate movement. Each individual rotor gets disabled at a certain speed and the other one gets enabled. However, one of the latest ZM updates (I believe it it ZM? Don't know what else could cause it) seems to have broken this. Whenever I export a helicopter now, both rotor models stay on at the same time and I can't figure out at all what could be causing this.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Helicopter export bugged recently?

Post by Oleg »

have you tried import/export original helicopter model with no changes? does it suffer the same problem?
TomcattersVF31
Beginner

Post by TomcattersVF31 »

Hey Oleg, I tried this with the default Akula helicopter from mpchristmas2017 (Doomsday heist) DLC and it also happened. Didn't change anything, just import>export straight away. I also noticed yesterday that the same happens with propellers on aircraft.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what is the model name (and file location) of some small aircraft that is available on a very start of game progress? I can't spawn quite a lot of models because of 0.3% game progress.
TomcattersVF31
Beginner

Post by TomcattersVF31 »

I think maybe the police helciopter would work, as I am not quite sure if aircraft spawn right at the start of the game. But the police helicopter arrives once you have 3 star wanted level. File name is "polmav" and is located in \Grand Theft Auto V\update\x64\dlcpacks\patchday3ng\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\vehicles.rpf\
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Get an update.

"GTA Options" window on nodes (when L0, L1... are toggled off) got an options page for node transformation. You can toggle rotation freedom X, Y, Z and Scale freedom X, Y, Z on rotors (slow and fast). Actually, game scales an object zero on all axes to hide it. So, you need to toggle "Scale" options on rotor_fast and rotor_slow nodes.
This is how node transform options window look for rotor_main_slow and rotor_main_fast:
rotor_main_fast_and_slow.jpg
Additionally, rotors parent node ("rotor_main") has a "Switch children" option that allows game to switch its children node visibility.
This is how node transform options look for rotor_main:
rotor_main.jpg
An exporter still respect user-defined options named "Flags" (if your saved file has this option, exporter will respect it), but this property is obsolete. I advise to use GTA Options and set node transformation (unlocked axes) there. This property natively changes value on "Node" user-defined option that has numeric values. It's not supposed to be edited explicitly in "User-defined options", "GTA Options" window edits this property automatically.
TomcattersVF31
Beginner

Post by TomcattersVF31 »

Works like a charm, thank you very much for taking such quick care of this!