How to modify the perspiration of characters.

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
angel-wt

How to modify the perspiration of characters.

Post by angel-wt »

this.。。。 After I converted a good character, I went to the game . It was normal at first, but after a while, the body reflection became very serious and bright. Which one should I modify? I have checked it repeatedly. Changed the vertex color to make sure he had no problem, I found that the character I made before also had this problem.
this is normal
QQ截图20220113152235.png
It changed after a while
QQ截图20220113152358.jpg
How to solve this, it feels like getting wet.

thanks
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: How to modify the perspiration of characters.

Post by Oleg »

this is a wetness mask. If I'm not mistaken, it's controlled by per-vertex Alpha on Primary color. Paint it black and test in game.
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

I still don't understand, I painted it black and it became like this
QQ截图20220116104119.png
QQ截图20220116102950.png
QQ截图20220116104130.png

Is it a single channel or RGB?
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

Oleg wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:40 am this is a wetness mask. If I'm not mistaken, it's controlled by per-vertex Alpha on Primary color. Paint it black and test in game.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

this is a single channel - the Alpha. So you should expand settings of "Paint" tools group and specify "Primary + Alpha" there. Then use Paint->Color tool.

Also, I'm not sure this is Primary Alpha, I might be wrong here. It could be Primary Blue channel... I just can't remind which is the correct one.
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

Oleg wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:44 am this is a single channel - the Alpha. So you should expand settings of "Paint" tools group and specify "Primary + Alpha" there. Then use Paint->Color tool.

Also, I'm not sure this is Primary Alpha, I might be wrong here. It could be Primary Blue channel... I just can't remind which is the correct one.

I tried it and it doesn't seem to work. It seems that there is no way to do it. It will become very bright as long as it reaches a certain time.I hope you give it a try if you have time.
I hope you give it a try if you have time.I hope you give it a try if you have time. tanks。V.V
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it IS solved by per-vertex color. search the forum or try all of them. I just don't remember which channel controls the wetness mask. r,g,b or alpha, on primary or secondary color. make sure your model has a secondary per-vertex color, as otherwise it will get exported with (255,255,255, alpha 255) color components by default.

indeed it does look like Secondary Alpha is the key:
viewtopic.php?p=59651#p59651
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

Oleg wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:36 pm it IS solved by per-vertex color. search the forum or try all of them. I just don't remember which channel controls the wetness mask. r,g,b or alpha, on primary or secondary color. make sure your model has a secondary per-vertex color, as otherwise it will get exported with (255,255,255, alpha 255) color components by default.

indeed it does look like Secondary Alpha is the key:
viewtopic.php?p=59651#p59651
Thanks, it's solved perfectly,I still have a question to ask, whether it can have better support for the COL of the map. When I import YBN and then export it and then view it in openiv, I will lose a lot of information.vertices colors merge into one。
sonic05

Post by sonic05 »

car :| :|