clothes movements in game

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Breezy

clothes movements in game

Post by Breezy »

hi i have to convert a harness model (attached photo) taken by Franklin in eup. Unfortunately I don't know what weight to give it so that it moves correctly in game. Thanks in advance for the help.Image
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: clothes movements in game

Post by Oleg »

I think you should load an associated (target/destination) model's upper body .ydd file and copy weight from upper torso onto this mesh.
Breezy

Post by Breezy »

I already tried and it didn't work. I can't find a torso that doesn't mess up everything.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

make sure you've imported correct yft file with skeleton and renamed an associated branch to .global
Before you import an original .ydd file, your scene must have a .global branch with .skel in it.
Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

even though I can see a full skeleton (with head and legs) on your screenshot, this does not look like a correct setup still.

You need to import original .yft file for this model. You will get "model_name" with ".skel" and ".mesh" in it. Rename "model_name" to ".global"
Then you can delete .mesh there. Then you can import .ydd files into this scene. Once you import original .ydd file with upper torso, it should have correct rigging data for the ".skel" of ".global" branch. You can copy rigging from such a model onto your custom mesh object.

Right-click on a skeleton object (.skel) and toggle off the "Setup mode". After that, you can move some bones (e.g. rotate the torso or an arm) and you should see correct rigging in a mesh object. If you do - then the skeleton and the .mesh are matching and rigged properly. You can proceed to copying rigging to your own geometry. There are video guides on youtube showing this process.