[HELP] DETAIL2 is missing in UV-Mapping?

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Nikwitz

[HELP] DETAIL2 is missing in UV-Mapping?

Post by Nikwitz »

Hi there Z3 Forum.

I have been working on some template projects the past few days and now I ran into a problem. I'm currently working on Standard XLS from GTA V and I have detached all the components and created my template, but when I would like to add the .dds file to Material Browser -> Material Properties to attach the template to the vehicle, DETAIL2 does not exist.

Does anyone know how to getaround that or create the DETAIL2 to keep the Dirt Mapping on the vehicle besides the template.

Best Regards,
Nikwitz
Jacobmaate

Re: [HELP] DETAIL2 is missing in UV-Mapping?

Post by Jacobmaate »

Hi Nikwitz,

You're currently using the vehicle_paint1 material, which doesn't support the DETAIL2 you're looking for.
You'll want to use a material such as vehicle_paint3 in order to have dual diffuse support. When you switch it to PAINT3, you'll notice your dirt mapping will appear messed up but there's a quick way to edit the mapping to fix this:

Select all the material and edit the mapping in the following order:

1. Generate New Mapping > Edit UV Channel #3 - Copy from UV Channel #1
2. Generate New Mapping > Edit UV Channel #1 - Copy from UV Channel #2
3. Generate New Mapping > Edit UV Channel #2 - Copy from UV Channel #3

Your original dirt mapping should be restored and you can now proceed with mapping on UV Channel 2 for your template(s).

Hope this has helped you, and best of luck with your modding endeavours! :D

Kind regards,
Jacobmaate
Lore Friendly Modder // EUP & RDE Developer
Nikwitz

Post by Nikwitz »

Hi Jacobmaate,

I found a solution by completely recreating the whole dirt mapping for the vehicle by myself. I will try this for another vehicle, because this seems to be way faster and smarter. Thanks in advance.

Do you know how I create the template as livery for the car instead of fully overlay, because I want to make a unmarked and marked vehicle in the same .yft is possible, instead of loading the vehicle two times for making it civil and with the livery/template?

Best Regards,
Nikwitz
Nikwitz

Post by Nikwitz »

Hi again,

I figured it out. Thanks for the help anyways!

Best Regards,
Nikwitz