PED texture is missing, how to solve it ,thanks

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
angel-wt

PED texture is missing, how to solve it ,thanks

Post by angel-wt »

I encountered a problem in making character mods. The textures in ZM are all correct, but they will be lost in the game. I checked many times to make sure there is no problem. How can the game recognize the textures?
14400.png
1004948.png
005051.png
There is another problem. In the game, my character will tremble crazily, just like the wind blows clothes, and the whole character trembles.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: PED texture is missing, how to solve it ,thanks

Post by Oleg »

1. The game will try to make outfit for your model using metadata file. In most of cases ped models can use different "DIFFUSE" textures to make random outfit. This is done by the game after the model is created/exported and is not stored inside .ydd file. So, even if you specify custom textures in materials editor and export .ydd file, the game will still try to use custom textures for your model. In case you replace a ped model, I advise to rename your textures to match original texture names found in .ytd files. Then you can replace original textures with your own textures (but keep original game's texture names).

I can't be sure, but I guess there are solutions for modding metadata file(s) so you can specify which texture(s) could be used for upper torso, lower-torso and like this. Since this is not actually an issue with ZModeler or exported model files, I was not exploring this issue further.

Concerning the shaking model, this is a wind effect simulation (used on t-shirts for example). To get rid of it, paint "Secondary RGB" on geometry to black color. Your geometry should have "Secondary color" enabled in Properties: Mesh->Vertices->Format.
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

Oleg wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:19 am 1. The game will try to make outfit for your model using metadata file. In most of cases ped models can use different "DIFFUSE" textures to make random outfit. This is done by the game after the model is created/exported and is not stored inside .ydd file. So, even if you specify custom textures in materials editor and export .ydd file, the game will still try to use custom textures for your model. In case you replace a ped model, I advise to rename your textures to match original texture names found in .ytd files. Then you can replace original textures with your own textures (but keep original game's texture names).

I can't be sure, but I guess there are solutions for modding metadata file(s) so you can specify which texture(s) could be used for upper torso, lower-torso and like this. Since this is not actually an issue with ZModeler or exported model files, I was not exploring this issue further.

Concerning the shaking model, this is a wind effect simulation (used on t-shirts for example). To get rid of it, paint "Secondary RGB" on geometry to black color. Your geometry should have "Secondary color" enabled in Properties: Mesh->Vertices->Format.
Thank you, I tried to use the material that comes with the character, and I also tried to change the name of the original material, but it didn’t work. The texture map still can’t be displayed normally in the game.

It seems that no matter how I change it, it seems to be useless. I tried to assign the original material to the model, and then replace the texture. After entering the game, the texture is still not recognized, and the original texture is not recognized.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

no. you should use original texture NAME. you can replace the texture inside .ytd file, but keep the name of texture.
angel-wt

Post by angel-wt »

Oleg wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:34 am no. you should use original texture NAME. you can replace the texture inside .ytd file, but keep the name of texture.
It has been solved, it is the problem of ped ymt. Thank you