[HELP NEEDED] Bomb Bays Not Closing Fully

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
LowRid3R

[HELP NEEDED] Bomb Bays Not Closing Fully

Post by LowRid3R »

Hi all,

so i have the problem with the bomb bays which i'm using for additonal cargo doors and an aircraft.
The problem i have is that in zmod everything is correct placed and defined ( compared it to vanilla akula ).
But when loaded ingame, on init doors are slightly open. When i'm open and close the bomb bays it even stays wider open..

i tried everything: new dummies, new collisons... nothing changen..
Added Flags E or ABE ... nothing

maybe i'm missing something.. also looked through the metas but there is nothing about the bomb bays...

On Init

After one time open close

I just got no idea whats causing the problem...
Last edited by LowRid3R on Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: [HELP NEEDED] Bomy Bays Not Closing Fully

Post by Oleg »

refine collision volumes. they hit one another. the game starts to deal with collision only after first interaction with it (e.g. if you shot or hit the door bay, it is likely to show the same gap as on your screenshot). So, make COL objects smaller, so they don't hit one another and test in game.
LowRid3R

Post by LowRid3R »

Collisions are not even touching....

already moved the doors away from the chassis... outside of the collision boundary of the chassis.. same problem...

Maybe a note: When the models spawns, bomb bays are fully closed.. and then immediately rotates this 1° open state with gap

LowRid3R

Re: [HELP NEEDED] Bomb Bays Not Closing Fully

Post by LowRid3R »

Also, i tried to change the Vehicle Type in the vehicles.meta to plane, so that i can use bonnet and boot with the same parameters.. and works without any problems....
Seems to be an issue of the bomb bays.. but no clue what..., and as boot and bonnet is not controlablew as type VEHICLE_TYPE_HELI, i have no other way then using the bay doors...
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

LowRid3R wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:43 pm Maybe a note: When the models spawns, bomb bays are fully closed.. and then immediately rotates this 1° open state with gap
this very-very alike to collision-related issue. when you spawn the model, the game starts to take care of collision model (sometimes it does this on first contact with player/bullet/object). I would suggest to explore collisions of all objects that are nearby and move vertices out, so none of collision volumes ever touch (including chassis/bodyshell collisions in the problematic area. just as a test, make collisions as small cubes. note, the chassis collision is a group of objects.

finally, it could be related, but not a must - reset local axes on these objects and respective collisions. yet this is not how bay door is expected to operate (not a vertical axis to be used on rotation), but a quick test to find out whether rotation of axes is any way related to issue or not.

Also, have you tried to re-import this model and take a look on objects and axes (or may be even import into the same scene under the different name - to compare axes of original/reimported. It could happen the "rotated" axes could have slightly wrong direction of axes after export-reimport.