Visibility problem

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
sitimeili

Visibility problem

Post by sitimeili »

please help me with this visibility problem, how to measure visibility on zmodeller3, why is it only about 5 meters this visibility is like this, please help me how to extend the visibility (lods),

I tried to change the LODS section to size 9 in the settings, compatibility z modeler3 section, but there is no change in the game gta v, I hope you all can help me,

my problem is with the character model

sriparnabiswas

Re: Visibility problem

Post by sriparnabiswas »

Thanks a lot for asking this question. I am also facing this error for quite along. A few days ago while I am playing all things are okay at that moment. But after updating the version then my screen started flickering. Then after some days, I am facing a visibility problem while playing the watchdog and GTA - V.
Carl385

Post by Carl385 »

Its a weird thing. Made all 5 lods for a ped, still goes to this puppet from a block away. Even native ped(ig-casey) having 3 native lods. imported , deleted one of his arms on all of them, exported. Still block away goes to that "use if there is no LOD" thing
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

The idea of LOD fixing was to explicitly create at lease LOD#1 on every geometry
object as follows:

1. "Dismiss" .mesh
2. Duplicate .mesh
3. press L0 and covert one of .mesh to Compound;
4. press "Lock" button, toggle L1, drag&drop a copied .mesh into a list of states. You will have one bold .mesh object with L0 and L1 states on it (L0 and L1 shown in a list of states).
5. toggle L0, mark skeleton's base and use "Bind" tool to bind re-created .mesh object with skeleton's base.

once you do this with all .mesh objects, select all .mesh objects (using Alt+ leftclick on a visibility mark in a hierarchy view).
Now open properties window, expand user-defined properties and create there "LOD" user-defined property. Set value 200, 9000 there, press OK to close and Apply.
Carl385

Post by Carl385 »

That last part is what i was missing. Thanks a bunch
Carl385

Post by Carl385 »

Okay , that lod property doesnt really do anything. I figured it controlls lod distance , but i tried some ridiculous values there, and small like 20,150. Made all 4 lods, added more values, Still the same draw distance, pops into lod3 and on the next one goes to puppet again. Any advice on that?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

re-import your model back into ZModeler: each .mesh object must have two lods (L0 and L1) and every .mesh should have LOD property set there. If both are ok, then the problem is not related to ZModeler or exported file - solution could be somewhere else.
Carl385

Post by Carl385 »

You actually correct. It exports LOD value incorrect , i' attach pics in a moment(used 200 in a before pic,comes off as 200). Set it to 20 , 9000. After import its changes to 20.000 and wont take any commas as input. In settings compability set to gta , lod count to 5(set it to 8 just incase)
Attachments
fdsfsdf.png
Carl385

Post by Carl385 »

Or is it suppose to be like this?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

nope, it should be 200 after export. I've noticed the "9000" is get removed too, but it's not related to the issue.