Emissive Track Material Properties

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Nachtfliege

Emissive Track Material Properties

Post by Nachtfliege »

Hello,

I am currently experimenting with the emissive track shader ´vehicle_track_emissive´ and in its Zmod description it mentions animation parameters. I was wondering where I can access those and if it is possible to unsync the shader from the cars bpm?

Regards,

Nacho
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Emissive Track Material Properties

Post by Oleg »

you can see shader paremeters in OpenIV on "more information" page -> "shaders". If i'm not mistaken, this shader has no any specific parameters, just those that other shaders have. On the other side, this shader looks like requires some configuration in metadata file. for example, if this shader is used on a vehicle that has not used it natively, only left-side geometry will have animation (driver side). The same geometry/shader installed on a vehicle that had this shader in use natively (e.g. timing belt) - will give proper animation. So, I assume it has something to do with vehicle's metadata files.

Also, I don't know whether animation speed is bound to car's engine rpm or speed - there are two shaders track2_emissive and track_emissive: one of them is for vehicle speed, another for engine rpm.
Nachtfliege

Post by Nachtfliege »

Thank you for the swift response, as i understand it there's no way of setting the track shader to move at a fixed speed?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I guess - no. unless you have seen that on some model already.
Futuredev

Post by Futuredev »

Oleg wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:59 am you can see shader paremeters in OpenIV on "more information" page -> "shaders". If i'm not mistaken, this shader has no any specific parameters, just those that other shaders have. On the other side, this shader looks like requires some configuration in metadata file. for example, if this shader is used on a vehicle that has not used it natively, only left-side geometry will have animation (driver side). The same geometry/shader installed on a vehicle that had this shader in use natively (e.g. timing belt) - will give proper animation. So, I assume it has something to do with vehicle's metadata files.

Also, I don't know whether animation speed is bound to car's engine rpm or speed - there are two shaders track2_emissive and track_emissive: one of them is for vehicle speed, another for engine rpm.
Hello, I have that problem. it only works for me on the driver's side. How do I fix that?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

"track" shader requires some configuration in vehicle's metadata file. I don't know what options affect it, but it's there for sure. For example, if you put your modded vehicle over the one that natively has used vehicle_track shaders, everything will work properly. So, it's not something that is "exported wrong".
Carl385

Post by Carl385 »

Track didnt do much , messed with only one trackanimuv parameter(thats like only one that appers when you pick the shader) Track2 is dependent on speed i would say. Are there any info on userdefined options? Any chance i can find what those are in fxc file?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I afraid the problem is not in parameters you deal with. the trackanimuv is exported properly, but it does not trigger correct animation on a shader. the identical export of .yft file being put as a new vehicle will have only left-side uv animation, whilst the same file being put into the game instead of original model (a model with correct uv animation) will have proper uv animation on track materials. so this is not an issue with the export or material/shader settings in an exported file. the issue is not in .yft file you get.