How to make this special effect?

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
johnny8937

How to make this special effect?

Post by johnny8937 »

Oleg
Site Admin

Re: How to make this special effect?

Post by Oleg »

looks amazing!
I don't know how this was made. yet I don't have the game on my laptop, so I'm unsure whether the game has this feature/shader or it's a scripted.
It might be related to a shader that uses UV animation (when uv section moves on texture, so entire texture is a set of frames/shots of such an animation). Just a guess thought.
ranstar74

Post by ranstar74 »

Most likely scaleform, we did similar stuff in Back To The Future V mod. Not simple task though, took us alot time to figure out how it works.
Carl385

Post by Carl385 »

Probably not UV related. At least to my knowledge track shaders are looped(couldn't find properties to those). Animation seem to end when texture does.
cocoa12327

Post by cocoa12327 »

It's about using dials.
speedo's dial is one of the most often used dial.

ex) if you want to make red animated light, make emessive material using speedo's dial texture, and UVmap on the dials.

important thing is, you have to mapping it on the thermometer part (and make the mesh very small in mapping viewport)
and set color with diffuser color.
cocoa12327

Post by cocoa12327 »

the principle of this is that when the car starts, the thermometer goes up on the contrary, when the car is turned off, it goes down.
so if you acceleration while animation is playing, the animation goes fast
Elite352

Post by Elite352 »

I actually managed to get one of these cars from a giveaway they were doing and it was already converted for fivem so I could dig through the files. I obtained information from this car and found out that it does not have to do with any external script at all. It has to do with a texture that is put on the car and in the vehicle textures there are 4 files 2 of which are .ytf files 1 .ytd file and 1 .ycd file. The .ycd file appears as a clip dictionary but I have no idea how to use it. When I click on one of the .ytf files with open iv a box pops up at the bottom of the screen saying play animation. You can press play and you will see the animation on the car (yes you can change the color of the lights by changing the secondary color). It only plays when the car starts and then stays on (does not loop at all), it has nothing to do with any external tools or scripts, it has nothing to do with the speed of the car there are also parts of the car that are named LED1 LED2 that overlap and LEDLF that does a separate light and these seem to match up with the glowing lights on the car. But for now that is all of the information I know. I myself am also trying to figure out how this works but I'm having trouble reverse engineering the car to find out exactly how this works. If this gave you any ideas on how it might work please let me know. EDIT [some additional information I found is that the material of the LED polygons is "script_rt_dials_speedo [PAINT:2]" and from what I am seeing as I exported the clip directory file it's just a .sys file that calls for the animation and a .full file (what gta uses for all animations) I will try to open this too so I can find out what exactly this animation is and how it works. From what I'm getting so far yes it looks like the speculations were right while the animation uses a dial to find out if the car is on, from there it's a [PAINT:2] material so it changes with the secondary color of the car. The .ytd file contains the default color for the animation which is just a generic color. The lights in zmodeler are just a object for the light path and detect if the car is on. I will find more information on the animation file it's self and then I will test my findings and see if I can create a car with all of this information and if successful I will make a tutorial on this.]
balooxaxa

Post by balooxaxa »

It's done with dials and proper UV mapping.
Elite352

Post by Elite352 »

balooxaxa wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:17 am It's done with dials and proper UV mapping.
Can you please explain how exactly it is done? That would be appreciated as I have been playing around with it for a few days now and have not been able to understand how it is done. ty in advance.
balooxaxa

Post by balooxaxa »

Elite352 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:41 am
Can you please explain how exactly it is done? That would be appreciated as I have been playing around with it for a few days now and have not been able to understand how it is done. ty in advance.
G'day.

Sorry, I can't do that, I just have a friend who knows how to do. He will probably make a tutorial in the future.

Keep in mind that folks have this as a secret cause they make money of it ;)

/Balooooooooooo
cocoa12327

Post by cocoa12327 »

Elite352 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:25 pm I actually managed to get one of these cars from a giveaway they were doing and it was already converted for fivem so I could dig through the files. I obtained information from this car and found out that it does not have to do with any external script at all. It has to do with a texture that is put on the car and in the vehicle textures there are 4 files 2 of which are .ytf files 1 .ytd file and 1 .ycd file. The .ycd file appears as a clip dictionary but I have no idea how to use it. When I click on one of the .ytf files with open iv a box pops up at the bottom of the screen saying play animation. You can press play and you will see the animation on the car (yes you can change the color of the lights by changing the secondary color). It only plays when the car starts and then stays on (does not loop at all), it has nothing to do with any external tools or scripts, it has nothing to do with the speed of the car there are also parts of the car that are named LED1 LED2 that overlap and LEDLF that does a separate light and these seem to match up with the glowing lights on the car. But for now that is all of the information I know. I myself am also trying to figure out how this works but I'm having trouble reverse engineering the car to find out exactly how this works. If this gave you any ideas on how it might work please let me know. EDIT [some additional information I found is that the material of the LED polygons is "script_rt_dials_speedo [PAINT:2]" and from what I am seeing as I exported the clip directory file it's just a .sys file that calls for the animation and a .full file (what gta uses for all animations) I will try to open this too so I can find out what exactly this animation is and how it works. From what I'm getting so far yes it looks like the speculations were right while the animation uses a dial to find out if the car is on, from there it's a [PAINT:2] material so it changes with the secondary color of the car. The .ytd file contains the default color for the animation which is just a generic color. The lights in zmodeler are just a object for the light path and detect if the car is on. I will find more information on the animation file it's self and then I will test my findings and see if I can create a car with all of this information and if successful I will make a tutorial on this.]
this light animation effect is not about ycd.
if the ycd's clip name is 'roof' and if 'animConvRoofName' tag in in vehicles.meta, it's just about roof or other vehicle parts animaiton.
ycd clip is working by pressing h long on vehicle if it doesn't have any script.
"script_rt_dials_speedo [PAINT:2]" is the material what i said. (speedo's speedometer)
look the UV mapping of the animated light mesh on that material.

also, i have researched ycd directory for one month.
you can't edit ycd with openIV.
you have to export it with codewalker by xml.
there is no tool for make new animation with 3d modeler program.
you must edit xml code for make/edit animaton, but it's very hard cuz you don't know what each floats and matrix means.
i dont know well either even i reachered it for one month.
i managed to make a few, but it's still hard and takes a lot of time.
there's nothing special but if you want to know more, add me on discord.
Adobe#7248