S_F_Y_COP_01 Edit Not Working in Game

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
OFFICERJAKE8

S_F_Y_COP_01 Edit Not Working in Game

Post by OFFICERJAKE8 »

Recently I have been trying to edit this ped: (https://www.gta5-mods.com/player/mai-an ... nd-sheriff) in Zmodeler. All I've done was swap out the duty belts with another female cop model and replace the badge with the invisible accessory from S_M_Y_COP_01. For some reason, the ped will not come out right in-game as seen in the screenshots. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks.

Screenshots:

Oleg
Site Admin

Re: S_F_Y_COP_01 Edit Not Working in Game

Post by Oleg »

it looks like body has lost rigging and was exported as solid/rigid geometry. is this your first ped modding experience? do you know the overall workflow on ped modding?
OFFICERJAKE8

Post by OFFICERJAKE8 »

Oleg wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:23 am it looks like body has lost rigging and was exported as solid/rigid geometry. is this your first ped modding experience? do you know the overall workflow on ped modding?
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm fairly new to modding with limited experience. Basically, I followed these steps. I imported the .yft file correctly and renamed it .global. Then imported the .ydd file with slice to part and combine collision unchecked; reuse materials and combine with existing models checked. I then proceeded to replace the model's accessories with the "dummy" textured accessory from s_m_y_cop_01. I then replaced the gunbelts with the ones from female RDE models. Note I did not move or manipulate any objects. I then exported with skeletal checked and exported with all LODS. Any idea on how I can fix it?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

then replaced the gunbelts with the ones from female RDE models
you need to assign skeleton onto a .mesh object - the skeleton inside .global branch. Skeleton assignment is done with Rigging\Skeleton\Bind tool by pressing on a mesh object. Before you do so, you need to use Select\Mark tool ('M' hotkey) on a skeleton object first. Mark the .skel inside .global and bind it to the .mesh

So, an export into a file is expected each and every .mesh object of associated hierarchy to be bind to a .skel inside .global branch.