GTA

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
rockbergema

GTA

Post by rockbergema »

hello oleg
Last edited by rockbergema on Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: GTA San Andreas characters to GTA 5

Post by Oleg »

This is generally the same as creating any other ped mod for GTA5. Since you can't load SA ped with skeleton and rigging retained, you will have to follow the common workflow on porting a mesh into GTA5 rigged ped/player model. Check youtube videos, I suppose there are plenty of such tutorials.
rockbergema

Post by rockbergema »

I have done it, the problem comes in the texture, please help, give me a video how to solve this problem, I have searched on youtube about this zmodeller3
Last edited by rockbergema on Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rockbergema

Post by rockbergema »

Oleg wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:21 am This is generally the same as creating any other ped mod for GTA5. Since you can't load SA ped with skeleton and rigging retained, you will have to follow the common workflow on porting a mesh into GTA5 rigged ped/player model. Check youtube videos, I suppose there are plenty of such tutorials.
Last edited by rockbergema on Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

The game can't find a texture for your model. In general, the texture for your model should be in .ytd file, but this could be a set of .ytd file for every component for player/multiplayer. For example, there could be several textures inside .ytd file for upper body and several textures for lower body. The game uses different combinations to create variations of ped outfit. Perfectly, you should replace original .ydd file with your mod and replace textures _inside_ original .ytd file (keep original texture names on your model). If you don't - you have to edit model's metadata file to specify each and every texture for your ped component(s).

For example, when I made test, I used to replace ig_bankman 3D model. Then I used to put my textures into ig_bankman.ytd file using the same texture names as there were in ytd file. Even if my 3D model specified some_new_unique_texture_name.dds on a model, the game still used texture names from .ytd file. So the game has some alternative (probably metadata file) way to assign textures onto a .ydd model. I guess this is related to optimization of testing, when 3D model was exported one time and 2D artist can apply several tests and outfit textures onto "already exported" model file and check it in game. and/or add another outfit after the model was exported with no need to re-export it.