Support for ped_enveff shader

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Jax765

Support for ped_enveff shader

Post by Jax765 »

Does Zmod support this shader yet? Last I checked, it produced issues with components using the shader, much like the ped_wrinkle shader. To clarify, it seems to apply a dirt overlay when the ped is in the desert.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Support for ped_enveff shader

Post by Oleg »

does shader parameters differ on modded file and on original? you can check them in openIV on "More information -> Shaders" page.
Jax765

Post by Jax765 »

This is a completely vanilla, unedited ped. s_m_m_ciasec_01. I posted 2 screenshots just to highlight how the shader affects the appearance when the ped is in the city versus in the desert.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

So what goes wrong with the model (using this shader) after import/export with no changes?
Jax765

Post by Jax765 »

I believe it had the same issue as the ped_wrinkle shader. With that shader, if you export from zmod, it disables blood mapping on the component, and the shader itself doesn't work. The only way around it is to change back to the normal shader in zmod, export, then use openformats to change the shader back. I recall also encountering issues with openformats failing to reimport if a ped is exported using the ped_enveff shader from zmod.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

unfortunately, I don't have the game on my laptop so I can't test anything in game...