Questions regarding Zmodeler options

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
borimemini

Questions regarding Zmodeler options

Post by borimemini »

Hi Everyone. I've been modding before, however that was almost 10 years ago with 3ds max - so now i'm learning zmodeler and modding for GTA 5.
I got some questions if some one is able to answer them for me.

* Question 1: Is it possible while in polygon mode to duplicate an object and keeping it on the same object - just getting another copy of it? Example: Doorhandle -> Copying in while in polygon mode - Got a new copy of doorhandle -> but i am still on the same ''object'' a new object is not created.

* Question 2: Often when i copy an object (Either by going to copy menu - or right click on the object -> copy ) Whenever i move the new copied object - the old one follows. And no - the old one is not selected/linked.
This is while in polygon mode, but it doesnt matter what mode i am into. THIS IS SOLVED: UNCHECK ''INSTANS'' ON COPY MENU.

Question 3: I'm currently trying to convert objects from FS19. is it possible that the objects that have textures follow into zmodeler? Like, its been mapped before, or do i have to-remap everything?

Question 4: Creating new objects: I've seen that its possible to create new objects -> is it possible to modify them? Like lets say i want a bend 90degree bend on a cylinder?

Any other tips n tricks is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Questions regarding Zmodeler options

Post by Oleg »

Hi, sorry for late reply.

1. You can copy a selected mesh fragment (selected polygons) with "Submesh\Detach" tool when options "Keep original" is toggled ON and "To new object" is toggled OFF. So detaching will create a copy of selected polygons and will not detach them into new object - they will retain within current object. A better option would be to detach a copy of polygons (keep original) to the new object, so you can easily mess around with newly-created polygons (e.g. mirror, move, rotate etc.) then you can attach them to original object with Attach tool.

3. in most of cases, imported objects retain texture UV mapping on geometry. You might need to assign correct textures onto materials, so you see a textured model in ZModeler. If you have used .OBJ as an intermediate format, it is likely materials were not loaded properly, but you should get all materials created still. Just load and assign proper textures onto them to get mapped textures appear on a mesh.

4. ZModeler suffers of quite a lot modelling tools, so if you are familiar with 3dsMax, the good option would be to create/model stuff in 3dsMax and use ZModeler as the last-mile conversion utility (where you arrange hierarchy, set up materials and export into the game).