Vehicle headlights not projecting onto road when highbeam option is on

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
based_matt

Vehicle headlights not projecting onto road when highbeam option is on

Post by based_matt »

Hello,

I am trying to figure out why my headlights don't project onto the road when the highbeam option is toggled in-game.

This is what it looks like when the normal lights are on:

This is what it looks like when the highbeam option is selected:

As you can see, there is no beams of light being projected onto the road. Trying to figure out what might be causing that. The fact that the light object's themselves toggle on and off properly is really what is throwing me off. Any input would be appreciated!
based_matt

Re: Vehicle headlights not projecting onto road when highbeam option is on

Post by based_matt »

Just double checking on this. Any ideas?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I don't have any, sorry. may be someone else has...
based_matt

Post by based_matt »

Thanks Oleg, I appreciate the thought.

I was able to find a "fix" and im going to post this here in case anyone runs into the same issue that I did.

Granted, it's not exactly a Zmodeler issue, but it is interesting information that is applicable to GTAV car development. See below:

All 4 extra lights can work, but in order to have all four enabled at once, with environmental lighting, you need to have 4 extra light nodes. If you have only 3, then the third will be the only one to have environmental lighting, if you have two, then only those two will be enabled, I don't know about just 1.

If you have extra light 3 & 4 but no extra light 1 or 2 then no lights will show. Normally when there are no extra light nodes the car's headlights will act as the nodes for these both, but having extra light 3 without extra light 1 and 2 will do nothing except disable those lights.

Important note: ANY extra lights on your vehicle WILL disable the headlights acting as foglights, so if you plan on having extra lights for takedowns, spotlights, etc. and you value your vehicle's ability to use foglights, make extralight 1 and 2 your foglights, and then add BOTH extralight 3 and 4 as whatever else you'd like. if you only want one, just have two in the same place I guess.