need help for the moving direction of cloth on the motocycle

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Yoha

need help for the moving direction of cloth on the motocycle

Post by Yoha »

Hi Oleg,

I'm adding the cloth effct onto a suit of a male model.
it looks ok when this male stand on the ground, the suit can be moved by the wind.

But when I drive a motocycle, the moving direction is wrong, it's moving forward.

How do I fix this?
Thanks~~
QQ截图20200504113524.jpg
QQ截图20200504113538.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: need help for the moving direction of cloth on the motoc

Post by Oleg »

I have seen the very same problem on all cloth models I have been messing with. Unfortunately, I was unable to locate the cause of this issue. the same issue happens when model is driving the car.

I have noticed interesting thing - if you crash and player falls from bike, when you pick it up again for a ride, the wind effect direction will be correct.

Also, when player/ped models picks the bike for a ride, you can see a couple of frames when cloth simulation is reset, so game uses some specific code when he/she starts riding.
Yoha

Re: need help for the moving direction of cloth on the motoc

Post by Yoha »

Oleg wrote:I have seen the very same problem on all cloth models I have been messing with. Unfortunately, I was unable to locate the cause of this issue. the same issue happens when model is driving the car.

I have noticed interesting thing - if you crash and player falls from bike, when you pick it up again for a ride, the wind effect direction will be correct.

Also, when player/ped models picks the bike for a ride, you can see a couple of frames when cloth simulation is reset, so game uses some specific code when he/she starts riding.
Thanks for reply~~

Yes, that's true.
There are few frames before player sitting on the bike, but after player start to ride. the cloth will be reset during these frames.

I see, then I will no longer entangled in this problem.