Reset parameters?

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
carloxfranco

Reset parameters?

Post by carloxfranco »

Friends how can I reset the taillight and brakelight parameters?

Whenever I put:

Left taillight [taillight_l] = 3
Right taillight [taillight_r] = 4
Left Brakelight [brakelight_l] = 9
Right Brakelight [brakelight_r] = 10

The vehicle in play only takes on the "taillight" and the "brakelights" are connected as if they were the "taillight".

But if you make a box just to test and apply the correct textures and the correct parameters, it works well. But of course a box is not the 3d shape I need from the car.

pcGAMESmods by workgrafix
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Reset parameters?

Post by Oleg »

I assume you are talking about per-polygong IDs you apply in properties (or in "GTA Settings..." window)? If so, make sure to select all vertices and set their ID to zero in Properties->General->External State->ID.

Also, the shine of vehicle_lightemissive is limited by texture's alpha. ensure texture's alpha is not black on areas used by parts that don't lit up in game.

Other than that, I guess it might be related to vehicles metadata configuration - e.g. does an original vehicle (the one you replace or the one you take settings from) have left and right taillights or just one taillight/brakelight? it might be essential on how game engine will try to light up the texture.

Another idea is to make tests by copying objects that "work" and give them name / ID that don't work and see whether they will light up in game; another test would be to copy an object that doesn't work and give it a name/ID of the object that was working properly earlier; if it will start working (a "bad" copy being put into name/position of "good"), then it is the .metadata configuration that is wrong and the model/texture is OK).