[Solved] Issue with toggling extras

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

[Solved] Issue with toggling extras

Postby Knight » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:39 am

Hi.

I have an issue with extras. All the objects under the extra_ hierarchy will not toggle on/off when you toggle the extra.
i.e my extra_2 is an emergency light, when I toggle it, the object disappears but the siren meshes (siren1 and siren2 within extra_2) won't toggle with it.
At first I thought it had to do with the light emissive or something but then I tested by adding another object (misc_e, the wall behind the front seats) to the extra, which also does not toggle.

I have tested tons of different places in the hierarchy, different extra names, remade them completely in case there was an option incorrectly put on etc, reinstalled zmodeler and have the gta parts fix installed.
So far I've only had it happen on two models I've worked on, others have worked perfectly. I haven't done anything (to my knowledge) differently or incorrectly.

Does anyone know the solution or have any opinions? I would greatly appreciate it.

Some screenshots:
Last edited by Knight on Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knight

Re: Issue with toggling extras

Postby Oleg » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:04 am

you need a collision for extra to make it work. I could be wrong, but someone posted it earlier on forum.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Issue with toggling extras

Postby Knight » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:42 am

Holy shit that worked. Thank you Oleg! I would never have thought to try that, yet now it makes sense since I've never had issues with my lightbars (which ad collisions).
Knight

Return to Grand Theft Auto V