Weird Collision issue

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Weird Collision issue

Postby Michno » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:38 pm

So i'm creating my own collisions for this "car" i modeled, however i can either:

Have perfect collisions, that are in the right place. But they only collide with non static objects (regardless of what flags i use)

or

Have collisions that randomly gets scaled up and moved up on the y axis.

They work "perfectly" (aka scale and placement is coorect) when i have Deformable unticked, but when i tick it the other stuff happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Michno

Re: Weird Collision issue

Postby Michno » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:02 pm

No one has experienced this before ? or have any idea how to fix it ?
Michno

Postby Oleg » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:17 pm

avoid scaling collision objects, they have to use arbitrary scale 1.0 on all axes.

second, in rare cases, when collision does not work as expected, you might need to create a so-called "double" collisions, when one collision has "Deformation" toggled on, another (in most of cases an identical copy is ok) has this option toggled Off. Then group these two collisions into one object and use this object as COL for a component.

This is a default scenario for boats and planes when player need to be able to "enter and walk inside" of the model.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Michno » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:55 am

Hmm alright i'll try that last one

*edit (Thanks if it works :D)
Michno

Postby Michno » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:11 am

Btw why does my objects need to have deformable turned on to be able to collide with solid objects ? it collides with dynamic objects just fine but everything else it just slides through
Michno

Return to Grand Theft Auto V