Windows collision issue

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Windows collision issue

Postby lukastev » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:53 am

The windows on my car won't break.
ID's are correct and Crash setting is in place, I tried with another car that should work out of the box but after the export it doesn't work on that one either.
I'm starting to think it might be a bug with my instalation but that would suprise me.
Anyone has any idea what I'm missing?

Ps. other parts like headlights break just fine
lukastev

Re: Windows collision issue

Postby tall70 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:33 am

What do you mean with out of the box, like it's all original R* car just import export and it also doesn't work? It's crash line in 2 places, ids on glass col and shoot through ids on chassis and door col. Also glass dirt mapping for fine glass cracking and I believe you should have at least l0 an l1 glass models which l0 should be bit higher on poly count, if i remember right l1 is the lod making glass cracks show. But many people have this working with same windows copies on l0,l1. Good luck
tall70
Beginner

Postby lukastev » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:23 am

Pre made models, and nothing happens at all. Ill check the L1's thats the one thing I didn't check yet
lukastev

Postby lukastev » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:09 am

Still the same issue, I can shoot through but the glass stays in place and no signs of breaking
lukastev

Postby tall70 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:47 pm

I'm still not sure what you mean with pre-made, test it on original, import it use generated CWGV files add crash lines to texture and Collision model in user Define options, re import it back in, see if it works. If that's going to work, you know you have something with glass Collision model, or it's IDs. Make at least copies to have L1 glass, if you don't have them yet
tall70
Beginner

Postby locotomb » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:10 am

I guess he got it working...I just want to add that the default model holds the crash data for windows. I f you are exporting the xxx_hi.yft model, and copy|pasting for second model, it will not work. it has to be exported on regular model. example: Export; tailgater.yft = Crash windows; tailgater_hi.yft = NO crash on windows.
Locotomb
locotomb

Postby lukastev » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:21 am

Sorry, forgot to reply, @locotomb, I think my issue is there. ill try it now
lukastev

Return to Grand Theft Auto V