Problem with rendering device

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

TomcattersVF31
Beginner

Problem with rendering device

Post by TomcattersVF31 »

Hey there Oleg, I am having quite some trouble...

I have used ZM3 about 2 hours ago just fine. Now I just started it again without rebooting the PC or doing anything related to Hard- or Software. However, now on startup I get the rendering device window, no biggie here. However, when choosing anything but anti-aliasing off the program won't start. And if it does, it looks very very very weird.

I have a secondary ZM3 folder which I used a few months ago as backup fpr when I updated main ZM3 and the update caused problems. However, I can't get my license to work on that installation. Would it work if I removed my main ZM3 folder?

Edit: I have tried rebooting the PC, didn't solve it.
TomcattersVF31
Beginner

Re: Problem with rendering device

Post by TomcattersVF31 »

I have a solution: I have only used the profile.xml file of the backup ZM3 and it works. Just deleting it and letting ZM3 create a new one didn't work.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Problem with rendering device

Post by Oleg »

Deleting ZModeler3_profile.xml is certainly a bad idea (unless you restore the one from zmodeler3.zip before you start ZM again). This is not just your own preferred settings, these are all settings of ZModeler and its components. It does not store any settings in system registry or anywhere on your computer, as everything is stored and configured in this XML file. The one coming with zmodeler3.zip includes default setup for most of UI elements, tools and import/export specific settings.

P.S. It is a good idea to have a backup of your ZModeler3_profile.xml on a constant basis (once a week or at least after several days of first usage when most of UI is already set up and stored for your preferred size/location). The profile XML could get corrupt of you run two ZModeler copies from the same folder.