problem by using language package

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

problem by using language package

Postby Hobby-Trucker » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:06 pm

i tried to create a laguage pack by using the russian loclaication.

i changed one line i to my native language "german", opened ZM3 choose in Settings/language the german xml file. Nothing changed. after restart ZM3 the option to choose the language isn't available now :(

what's going wrong?

Image
Hobby-Trucker
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:17 am

Re: problem by using language package

Postby Oleg » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:24 pm

language file was not loaded and localization was disabled. You can see an associated error in a messaging window below. You should expand an error saying "LocalizationSerivce failed to start" to see an exact reason - it will give your the row number in a XML file so you can locate and fix syntax (in most of cases this is a syntax error).

notice, changing language will require to set up UI layout and assign hotkeys, as this info is bounded to names and labels on UI elements.
User avatar
Oleg
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7398
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:54 am

Re: problem by using language package

Postby Hobby-Trucker » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:34 pm

Image

i don't know where i have to look and what to do :(
Hobby-Trucker
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:17 am

Re: problem by using language package

Postby Oleg » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:05 am

the very first symbol in your XML is unexpected. if you save in UTF-8, toggle off an option that drops two leading bytes into XML to indicate unicode. I don't know what editor do you use and how this option is entitled.
User avatar
Oleg
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7398
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:54 am

Re: problem by using language package

Postby Hobby-Trucker » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:19 am

I'm using Notepad++
Hobby-Trucker
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:17 am

Re: problem by using language package

Postby Oleg » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:33 am

it's here:
xml.jpg

and then keep eye on Encoding option while saving - it should be "Encode UTF-8 without BOM" (seen on screenshot on top too).
User avatar
Oleg
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7398
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:54 am

Re: problem by using language package

Postby Hobby-Trucker » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:07 am

ok i will try it

thx for help
Hobby-Trucker
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:17 am


Return to Tech support (forum, account, licenses)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest