Unable to post in ZM3 general discussion

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

rjp2525

Unable to post in ZM3 general discussion

Post by rjp2525 »

For some reason those of us that have purchased ZM3 are unable to post in the ZM3 forum.

Anyway, is there any way to disable the autosave feature? I didn't see anything in the settings.. The entire program locks up for a solid 30 seconds when working on a large project, and the frequency of autosaving is very frustrating.

Also, I can never seem to be able to reload textures. If I replace a texture file immediately after noticing a bug in the one I just replaced, I have to wait 5-10 minutes before I replace it again for changes to be reflected in the 3D preview. I'm guessing this feature is disabled or intentionally not available?

Thanks!
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Unable to post in ZM3 general discussion

Post by Oleg »

I've assigned you a "ZModeler3 users" group onto your forum account. This is done automatically, when you create a ZModeler3 account with the same name as your forum username.

You can setup autosave (and/or disable it) in Settings\General\Files\Z3D Open&Save\Autosave.

Concerning textures reloading, i'm not quite sure what you mean. You can use "Replace" button to explicitly reload a texture from disk. The "Reload" button works for textures that were loaded from disk. This does not work when texture was saved in .z3d file and you've opened the file then.
dnm

Post by dnm »

I' ve got the same problem with the textures.
How can i get sure that the external texture ist used and not any texture Saved in the Z3d File?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

disable textures store option in settings\General page in "Z3D open & save" branch.
dnm

Post by dnm »

Hey I did that,

but the Relaod on change is still not working.

What I like to have ist that if a texture file is changed outside ZM3, is will be automatically used in ZM3 so that i cam can se the effenct of a texture chancge without having to use the replace funktion.

THX
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

this feature is available is you load some file explicitly into textures browser. If you open a .z3d file that has some textures stored inside, replacing or updating an associated texture file on a disk will not have effect.

also, the associated code was written while I was running Win XP OS, I'm not quite sure whether it works on newer OS as I can't remind to be testing this code in a past years (it has migrated from zmodeler2 with no changes).