help me please

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

Fab 85

help me please

Post by Fab 85 »

Hello,

Forgive me I do not speak English unfortunately. I translated in google translation so it is not easy.

I expose you my problem.

I want to know how to install z modeler 3 on the local C drive because every time I launch from the folder on my desktop it does not save anything at all which is very annoying.

On second thing how the license key I'm pressing Shift but nothing works I redemaré z modeler and I do not see my license key. at the present time I put my license key poses for me found the problem or it may come

Please excuse me if I did not post at the right place but I could post the

Thank you in advance for your help

Regards Fab 85
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: help me please

Post by Oleg »

You can copy zmodeler and all it's files and folders into any location you like. ZModeler does not require installation, you simply unpack ZIP file and run ZModeler3.exe

All configuration is saved in ZModeler3_profile.xml file located in the same folder as ZModeler itself.

All zmodeler files should not be write-protected or read-only. You can right-click on ZModeler folder, pick "Properties" and disable there "Read only" option. Once you press Ok, a message will appear where you should specify "Apply changes to all files and folders inside this folder" and press Ok again.

Note, some antiviruses could delete ZModeler license file, so you might be unable to apply license. First of all, add ZModeler folder into "Exclude" list of your antivirus, so it does not affect ZModeler. Then unpack all zmodeler files (from ZIP archieve) again into ZModeler folder (just to ensure all files are there and no files were deleted already by mistake). Then run ZModeler and let it autoupdate (a green arrow in a bottom-right corner). Then restart and ensure no more updates appears. Once zmodeler updates and says "ZModeler is upto date", we can consider it working correctly with no conflicts. From that moment on you can apply license:

1. ensure your Platform ID in your account is exactly the same as you see in ZModeler's About >> License Information window.
2. copy your license key in account (use Ctrl+C to copy selected text).
3. in License information window of ZModeler press and hold Shift key. Your license key will appear in License information window. Do not close it yet.
4. in account, press "Validate" button. Then copy validation key (Ctrl+C).
5. in License information window of ZModeler press and hold Shift key again. Your license will get validated and you will see something like "Verification: passed today".

Then you can restart ZModeler.
Fab 85

Post by Fab 85 »

Hello Oleg, Thank you for your answer indeed I had to forget stages. Now that all I function still have small a concern I put the 1st key well then I made shift and I made in the same way for the 2nd key of validation. But when I want to export a model it puts this error to me: Can not complete task: Your license denies this action , whereas I very activated I thank you in advance for the assistance Fab 85

Ps : afflicted for the double station I do not have pence has to connect me
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Looks like ZM accepted your key but did not saved it. You should remove "CodeLib" files from "Shared" folder, then start ZModeler and let it autoupdate (it will download empty license file). Then restart and apply your license key.

Note, some antiviruses might block or delete CodeLib files, causing ZM to fail saving your license. So adding ZModeler into "Exclude" folder is a must in such a case.