Can't post anything in the Zmod3 sub-forum

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

Lommerts

Can't post anything in the Zmod3 sub-forum

Post by Lommerts »

Hey Oleg,

I've got a problem with Zmod3 itself, but i can't make a topic about it.
Looks like i haven't got the rights to post there, which is a shame.

Anyway.....here's the issue with the program (20121207 from the main site):

Durning 1st startup it's asking to setup the rendering device, but after pressing ok it all goes wrong.
I keep on getting the following message:

Failed to create a device with specified parameters. file:DeviceDialog.cpp line: 119

--> CreateDevice for "Hardware@ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series" failed: The method call is invalid. For example, a method's parameter may not be a valid pointer. file:d3d9_init.cpp line:219
--> ...while trying to create device with args (0x40, 0/0) file:d3d9_init.cpp line:208

Now the big question is, what's wrong? :?

EDIT: Old version (20121023) works though.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Can't post anything in the Zmod3 sub-forum

Post by Oleg »

Try different anti-aliasing settings. Also, make sure to install the latest DirectX 9.0c June 2010 Redistributive package.

Concerning a ZModeler3 subforum, make sure you use forum.zmodeler3.com URL, since your account is allowed to post there.
Lommerts

Post by Lommerts »

Oleg wrote:Try different anti-aliasing settings. Also, make sure to install the latest DirectX 9.0c June 2010 Redistributive package.

Concerning a ZModeler3 subforum, make sure you use forum.zmodeler3.com URL, since your account is allowed to post there.
4x AA worked, but the now the program doesn't update.
Yeah it downloads the files, but when i want to restart it's still the same old version.
Thus resulting that it downloads the files again.

Concerning the zmod3-forum:
I can post into ETS2, but not in general duscussion.
And as far as i know, these sort of issues with the program should be reported right there.
Correct me if i'm wrong mate. ;)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Disable your antivirus software or add ZModeler to ignore-list or white-list. I suspect ZModeler update files are get deleted or something like that.

In general, it doesn't matter where you post the problem if your post is directed to me, since I check all subforums and all new topics. Just in case you have an overal question that other users might be helpful with, choosing the right subforum is a must.

You should probably logout and login to forum.zmodeler3.com to check whether your forum account settings are ok. I've tested your permissions and you are able to post in ZModeler3 subforum.
Lommerts

Post by Lommerts »

Alright mate, thanks!
Keep up the good work!