no posting rights in ZModeler3 Forum

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

Sven777b

no posting rights in ZModeler3 Forum

Post by Sven777b »

actually I´m on Trial licence - but I can´t post in ZModeler3 Forumsection.
You posted screenshots of the account-page "Personal Info" where you can write down your forum nickname - but I dont have this input field there.

I only tried to write that ZModeler3 has big problems with it´s account-validation at all.
in 50% of starts of ZModeler3 it fails to recognize my licence. At the license-information tab it only shows my Platform ID like at a new installation.
in 25% of starts of ZModeler3 it finds my license , but the online-validation fails.
in the other 25% - everything works fine.
So I have to start ZModeler3 4 times - to get it to work properly one time... Thats really unimpressive for a 3D editing tool with limited lifetime subscription...

Second - saving as .z3d with compatibility to ZModeler2 is not working. ZModeler2 crashes by trying to open such a Z3D file.

actually I think it was a big step backwards making that Zmodeler3 - I prefered ZModeler2 because it was really useful with a clean UI - not overloaded like its "big brothers" maya and 3dsmax. But ZModeler3 now uses the same chaotic colorfilled and overloaded UI where you need to click 100 times to get a simple function. But ok - seems that this is the way of time and now everything has to look like a manga-film. But I think ZModeler2 was really great and special and there was no need to copy the UI style of the other common 3D programs. But thats just my own oppinion...
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: no posting rights in ZModeler3 Forum

Post by Oleg »

Sven777b wrote:actually I´m on Trial licence - but I can´t post in ZModeler3 Forumsection.
You posted screenshots of the account-page "Personal Info" where you can write down your forum nickname - but I dont have this input field there.
Your forum username is already attached. Also, your forum account is granted permission to post in ZModeler3 section. make sure you login to forum.zmodeler3.com
Sven777b wrote:I only tried to write that ZModeler3 has big problems with it´s account-validation at all.
I have several reports about "missing license on startup" but I was never able to reproduce it on my computer... Whereever I try to open a file (after startup or directly from double-click on explorer) it loads fine. It was reported to have license problems on windows7, while the same user reported that problem has gone after installation of windows8. My bad, I have only Windows XP and can't say anything OS-specific on a subject. Also, is your account an administrative?
Sven777b wrote:in 25% of starts of ZModeler3 it finds my license , but the online-validation fails.
it's not a must. If it finds your license, it will work fine. validation is required when it elapses only. So, you can remove your login and password from Account Information page and ZModeler will not validate online. You will need to supply fresh "Validation key" from your account manually (once a three or four days).
Sven777b wrote:Second - saving as .z3d with compatibility to ZModeler2 is not working. ZModeler2 crashes by trying to open such a Z3D file.
You should send me the original z3d file from ZModeler3 so I can check. There could be just one small thing saved improperly and zm2 will fail to load the file. I used to check constantly the zmod2-compatibility mode, but I might changed something that makes the problem now. I've just tested on the most recent file I used in ZMod3 and ZMod2 loaded it fine (with skeleton and materials...)
Sven777b wrote:...I prefered ZModeler2 because it was really useful with a clean UI .... now you need to click 100 times to get a simple function.
consider assigning hotkeys shortcuts.
Sven777b

Post by Sven777b »

I was logged in - also tried to logout/login. But now it works - thanks.
Oleg wrote:I have several reports about "missing license on startup" but I was never able to reproduce it on my computer... Whereever I try to open a file (after startup or directly from double-click on explorer) it loads fine. It was reported to have license problems on windows7, while the same user reported that problem has gone after installation of windows8. My bad, I have only Windows XP and can't say anything OS-specific on a subject. Also, is your account an administrative?
I also use Windows XP (SP3) and i´m on a administrative Account.
ZModeler Install location : D:\ZModeler3
Firewall : Kaspersky Labs ( Zmodeler3 thrusted with full permissions, Windows Firewall disabled )
As I wrote this happens more or less exactly every second start. I didn´t make a Shortcut for ZM3 - so I start it by doubleClick at zmodeler3.exe
Oleg wrote:it's not a must. If it finds your license, it will work fine. validation is required when it elapses only. So, you can remove your login and password from Account Information page and ZModeler will not validate online. You will need to supply fresh "Validation key" from your account manually (once a three or four days).
I already read that - but its just curious that it sometimes works and sometimes not. And if it fails (as long as account-informations are available it tries to validate on every start) then its like a not existing installation. So it´s just a bugreport because most users will prefer automatic validation and in this case it should always work or it should fall back to the old validation - as long as its not expired - if the online-validation failed.
Oleg wrote:You should send me the original z3d file from ZModeler3 so I can check. There could be just one small thing saved improperly and zm2 will fail to load the file. I used to check constantly the zmod2-compatibility mode, but I might changed something that makes the problem now. I've just tested on the most recent file I used in ZMod3 and ZMod2 loaded it fine (with skeleton and materials...)
http://www.file-upload.net/download-679 ... 5.zip.html
it´s a export from EuroTruckSimulator2
Oleg wrote:consider assigning hotkeys shortcuts.
You know.. thats not the same. I´m programmer and I work with a lot of different tools. Remembering all those hotkeys would be much more difficult than finding the feature I was looking for. And this was just a guess or feedback. Maybe i´m just not as flexible as the "young generation" accepting such big changes in the UI and the overall handling.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

1. Nope, it does not validate unless you open about window and check for license information.

2. there was a bug in zmod2 textures browser. Update zmod2, it should load fine the .z3d files saved by zmod3.