had to revoke access to licence

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

TylerWTheTommy

had to revoke access to licence

Post by TylerWTheTommy »

kept saying licence didnt allow so and so, when i tried to import something to zmodeler, so i revoked the platform id and now i cant get a new id.... so i dont know what to do
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: had to revoke access to licence

Post by Oleg »

you do not revoke platform ID. You revoke license from platform ID (for example, if you've changed computer and still have paid license to run). Revocation drops license time to days, so current day's "hours" are lost. Typically, you will see license time to reduce by one day on revocation.

Revocation does not drop your license and actually does nothing in case you get "license denies this action". This not a way to solve the issue.

"License denies this action" actually means "no activate license found installed". Typically, if you see correct license key with correct validation in ZModeler, license key still have to be saved on a hard drive and ZModeler have to start with saved license key in order to be able import/export.

So, the first step is to check whether license key appears in ZModeler and is validated. Setting up online access for your platform ID (assigning password and specifying it alongside with your account name in ZModeler) will do this automatically. Once you see your license key downloaded and validated in ZModeler, restart ZModeler. Your license key must be in License Information window instantly (should not get downloaded again every time you run ZModeler).

It is essential to run ZModeler as Administrator. It is strongly advised to move ZModeler from a system drive to another drive if possible. Do not put ZModeler folder on Desktop or in "My documents".

So, back to your question. You can use the platform ID you see in ZModeler. You can't have another ID, so make sure you have added this platform ID into your account and there is no misspell. Assign password onto your ID. Activate license again to get a new license key. Specify account name and platform password in ZModeler. Restart ZModeler.

P.S. Never delete platform ID in web account if this is your CORRECT platform ID. This is not a way to "start over again", it's the direct way to lose trial license instantly. It's OK to delete platform ID if you've made a misspell and the ID on your account is not the one you see in ZModeler.
TylerWTheTommy

Post by TylerWTheTommy »

i cant re add my platform id to the "my computer list" said something about it getting blacklisted, thought i was gonna be getting a new platform id....... i just need to get reset or something, didnt know how to use the program and that 100% on me

Post by Guest »

says the computer was added but then nothing apears in my list
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Specify your account name and platform ID.
In most of cases, platform ID can be added successfully. In rare cases when platform ID is in stop-list, platform addition will fail. This has it's own error message like "this platform ID is blacklisted and can't be used anymore" (or something like that).
TylerWTheTommy

Post by TylerWTheTommy »

Platform ID: ZKV62-B3
Account Name: TylerWTheTommy
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

restored.
mind to assign password onto your platform ID and specify this password in ZModeler too.