Platform ID changed, can't activate licence

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

CauzYolo

Platform ID changed, can't activate licence

Post by CauzYolo »

Hello,

I am facing a huge problem. Since I downloaded ZM3, my platform ID changes every 3-5 days. I tried everything, offline activation, online activation and everything.
As it is not allowed to have more than 3 platforms at the same time, I deleted all unused platforms from my account. But today a new platform ID was generated and it is impossible to activate my license on my platform.
I don't know what to do today. I cleared the account configuration on ZM3, tried offline activation (Copy Shift) and online activation (setting a platform password) but couldn't activate my license.
Can I have help?

This is my Platform ID: 9WBSU-QP

Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Platform ID changed, can't activate licence

Post by Oleg »

In this scenario it could be safe to delete (remove) platform ID from web account instead of using "Revoke" option on license. Once you delete platform in web account, your paid license is detached from this ID. You should activate it for the new ID immediately (or at least BEFORE you run ZModeler again). Then install new license key in ZModeler.

In general, once ID changes, you should follow this pattern:
1. add new platform ID in web account, assign old password. Restart ZModeler once and close it.
2. ensure your new ID on "My computers" has correct "Last activity" entry (it should not be "Never" there). If you see correct recent activity, proceed to step 3.
3. remove old platform ID.
4. activate the remainder of your license for the new ID.
5. run ZModeler again - this time it should download new license key. Press OK and restart ZModeler.

I advise to keep ZModeler configured for online access (by setting account name and using the same password for your platform IDs all the time). This will make steps #2 and #5 run smooth.
CauzYolo

Post by CauzYolo »

Oh!
Many thanks, I thought if I deleted my platform my license would be blacklisted. You saved my life. If my Platform ID changes for any reason, I'll follow the steps you sent me!
CauzYolo

Post by CauzYolo »

Everything is fine,
But, now, my license does not want to be validated on ZM3 but on my account, my license is activated and linked to my new platform.

I'm really confused, I configured online accesses (set platform license) but ZM3 said my license expired and verification failed.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Activate license again, the license key you've got is bad. I've paused your license and reverted it back to 14 days.
CauzYolo

Post by CauzYolo »

Many thanks again, this is ok now. You are doing a great job with this forum and ZM3 software, keep going on. Much love!