Switching Windows Issue

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

prueling

Switching Windows Issue

Post by prueling »

IDK where to ask for this so I'll just post here

Thing is, this has been my problem with Zmodeler as a whole: it's hard to switch tabs to other windows/apps. It's like getting stuck. You need to be persistent with switching windows just to switch to another app or something. It's pretty frustrating as I work with Zmodeler and Blender at the same time. It's hard to switch back and forth.

Appreciate any help with this.

PS. I'm using Windows 10 and using a laptop Predator Helios 300 (if that matters)
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Switching Windows Issue

Post by Oleg »

Do you use multiple desktops, or this is one desktop with several applications running?
Also, does this window-switching issue related to some specific scenarios (e.g. when some ZModeler's window like Materials Editor) is shown? or it happens always?
prueling

Post by prueling »

I use 2 monitors but this occurs as well when I don't use an external monitor.
This happens all the time. I tried restarting the explorer, thinking it was just a bug with windows but then, this only occurs whenever I open Zmodeler so I know it is Zmodeler's bug. When I don't open Zmodeler, it's normal to switch windows. Even if I close Zmodeler (even if I just accidentally opened it and close right after), the problem persists until I restart the system.
Panos1221

Post by Panos1221 »

I am having the same issue. Any fix? It's very annoying..
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I have a desktop and laptop devices both with windows 10. I was unable to reproduce this effect, but there are plenty of users complaining on this issue. Can someone elaborate it in depth? may be this has something to do with some other specific applications running? may be shutting down all possible applications before running ZModeler will remove this effect? Also, when you close ZModeler, check in Task Manager / processes tab whether "zmodeler3.exe" process is still running. If it does, terminate the process and check whether issue is still there.

I suspect this is something aside of ZModeler that ZModeler conflicts with. ZModeler has no exporer integration or interaction to cause such a side effect. However, there is a third-party protection shield (StarForce) applied to zmodeler3.exe application that might do some specific tasks I am not aware of.