Unable to activate license

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

Steinmetz Omi

Unable to activate license

Post by Steinmetz Omi »

Hy Oleg!
I bought a license, but whenever I hit apply to see if I can activate it, it logs me out and throws me this

Thank you
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Unable to activate license

Post by Oleg »

I can not find your web account given no info. Your e-mail address on forum profile does not help me too.
Steinmetz Omi

Post by Steinmetz Omi »

Hello Oleg, thanks for your help. I sent you my data via PM plus an additional question.
Me_Tom2

Post by Me_Tom2 »

I am also having issues activating license. I hold shift key but nothing happens. I am also not receiving any emails to activate my account.

User: Me_Tom
email: tomtull@gmail.com
Platform ID: HVU5K-MA
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

first, there is no account activation e-mail, every account is active upon creation. e-mail is used to recover password if you forget one.

second, nothing actually happens when you press and hold shift on its own. when you hold shift key, ZModeler reads a license key from clipboard if you've copied it earlier (with Ctrl+C probably). If you indeed copied license key and holding shift key gives nothing, then the platform ID you've specified in web account has a misspell, so the license key does not match your platform ID.
If you have a misspell, remove bad ID and submit the correct one. Once you copy correct license key in web account, holding Shift key in ZModeler's "License Information" window must bring your license key into ZModeler. You will see it in "License Information" window followed by "Verification: Failed".

#
Then get a validation key in web account using "Validate" button (it's advised to specify whether you use 32-bit or 64-bit version explicitly before you press Validate), copy validation key with Ctrl+C, go back to ZModeler's license window, press and hold Shift key for 2-3 seconds again. "Verification: Failed" will change to "Verification: revalidate in 6 days".

You will need to perform the # paragraph above from time to time to refresh license key in ZModeler.
Me_Tom2

Post by Me_Tom2 »

As per the directions i was copying Validation Key then holding shift. The directions said nothing about the License key. But got it working following your directions. Thanks