I can't import

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

SNIKERS

I can't import

Post by SNIKERS »

Hi !
I want to learn to model and make mods, initially I want to start from already created mods and change them as much as I can until I reach a certain level.

The problem is that, maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't import, I mean I click on "import" but nothing happens, yes I have a trial license, but I read that I have access to do anything, having access like a purchased license .

Thank you in advance.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: I can't import

Post by Oleg »

some user-made model files could be locked to prevent re-importing. When you pick such a file for import, the "Import" button will get disabled. Pick a different file to import.

If you are able to press Import and "Import" window closes, then the file is likely to be loaded. Take a look into a "messaging bar" in the bottom - if it has any errors, they could be related to the issue. For example "Can not complete task: your license denies this action" means your license was not installed in ZModeler and it can't import anything.

Some games use "Level of detail" geometries in their models, so one file can contain a high-detailed geometry, low-detailed and like this. An imported model could have these geometries compacted into one object and you have to specify which level of detail would you like to see/edit. You do so by pressing "L0", "L1" buttons on "Structure" panel on the right (above hierarchy view). Until you press any of these buttons you might see a dummy box only. This is specifically a case with GTA models.
SNIKERS

Re: I can't import

Post by SNIKERS »

Ok, I understand that you can lock your files so that others don't modify them, I took a car from GTA 5 and put it in zmodeler and it worked
Thanks for the help!