I ask for help part 2! there is a connection to the server.

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

pershipavel

I ask for help part 2! there is a connection to the server.

Post by pershipavel »

Oleg, can't I activate my profile on the forum so that I don't create a new topic every time? I understand that we may all have problems, I understand everything, but if I ask you for these free 6 days, you won't add them to me, will you? although what could be easier))
1. I tried everything that you advised me and of course it did not help, since it was all done many times.
2. But we are persistent people. By trial method, disabled SSL in the settings, there was a connection with the server.
3. After entering the key, it writes failed and so on all the time after restarting.
Image Image
What else needs to be done?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: I ask for help part 2! there is a connection to the server.

Post by Oleg »

I can see ZModeler was able to check for updates recently. However, connecting to license server requires secure connection option to be toggled on (SSL should be on).

I've reset your license back to 15 days, activate it again to get a new license key. Yet you still need ZModeler to be able to connect to license server. In general, preconditions are:
1. ZModeler folder is not on a system drive (or at least not in C:\Users\... folder).
2. ZModeler folder is added into exclude list of your antivirus.
3. your firewall settings allow ZModeler to reach *.zmodeler3.com.
4. your internet connection is not under VPN or a proxy.
5. your run ZModeler as Administrator.
6. your platform ID is assigned a password on "My computers" page. Prefer a simple password like 123456.
7. your account name specified with platform password 123456 in ZModeler on "Account Setup" page. When you restart ZModeler, your account name is already there, if it's not - ZModeler can't save settings on a hard drive.

Mind, correct license download/validation is performed ONLY after startup of ZModeler. If you've changed something on settings page or "Account Setup" page, you still need to restart ZModeler so it can check for license again. If nothing happens after 15-20 seconds after startup (on License Information page), nothing will happen further, no need to wait minutes.