Distorted UI and no FBX filter.

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

MrGTAmodsgerman

Distorted UI and no FBX filter.

Post by MrGTAmodsgerman »

This is how my UI looks straight from the Zip file. I extracted the profile xml several times and i can't fix the tool bar. It doesn't snap into where it have to.
The Tabs Modfiy, Display ect. ... doesn't work in any way. What do do? And no, i have no other none zm files in the zmodeler folder. I also noticed that the new FBX import/export option doesn't appear anywhere. I installed all updates and license it valid.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Distorted UI and no FBX filter.

Post by Oleg »

You should resize commands bar vertically, so command buttons appear.
you can resize any toolbar by dragging it out of docked window to a floating bar. then resize it, then drag and dock it again.

The FBX filter should be available on the latest download. May you check whether "FBX.zmf" file is available in "Filters" folder?
MrGTAmodsgerman

Oleg wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:54 am You should resize commands bar vertically, so command buttons appear.
you can resize any toolbar by dragging it out of docked window to a floating bar. then resize it, then drag and dock it again.

The FBX filter should be available on the latest download. May you check whether "FBX.zmf" file is available in "Filters" folder?
That was my question, how should i "dock it again". I know it can be resized but it doesn't make my tool bar to work. The undocked tool bar stays at movement tap and doesn't go with other tabs selected. That tap area is useless in this case. I can't dock it to it. And yes i have checked the FBX filter in the filters already, but it still doesn't come up.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

can you check the Settings->Plugins->Manager. Is "FBX.zmf" file listed there?

The bar on your video is a toolbox. you should resize it vertically as a vertical bar and dock it on the left side of ZModeler window. You can drag&drop desired tools into this toolbox (while holding Ctrl key). Bar can be resized the way to have two columns of buttons too.

the commands bar on your video is still very tiny in height and still does not show buttons. you should resize the commands bar using a dragger line between the bar and two viewports. once you resize it, you will see buttons.
MrGTAmodsgerman

Oleg wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:13 am can you check the Settings->Plugins->Manager. Is "FBX.zmf" file listed there?
No, i don't see it. The FBX.zmf btw as the file itself is lower case written like any other filter in the filter folder. Maybe that is the problem?
Oleg wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:13 am the commands bar on your video is still very tiny in height and still does not show buttons. you should resize the commands bar using a dragger line between the bar and two viewports. once you resize it, you will see buttons.
Oh, now i know what you mean. Ok it works now, thanks.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what is your OS version? do you have all the recent system updates installed? The FBX filter uses FBX SDK internally which, in a run, uses a set of OS libraries too. I do not include these libraries directly with ZModeler, as they could be quite heavy (just for FBX filter to run).

I advice to download and install VisualStudio Redistributive package:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48145
MrGTAmodsgerman

Oleg wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:05 am what is your OS version? do you have all the recent system updates installed? The FBX filter uses FBX SDK internally which, in a run, uses a set of OS libraries too. I do not include these libraries directly with ZModeler, as they could be quite heavy (just for FBX filter to run).

I advice to download and install VisualStudio Redistributive package:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48145
I use Windows 8.1 with all latest updates. But if the SDK would be a problem, then it would crash by using the plugin. But i can't even choose the plugin. Its not in the list. And i already have installed this old SDK.