I can't Validate my licence

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

huntz84

I can't Validate my licence

Post by huntz84 »

Hi guys im on a 15 day free trail, however no matter what i do I can't validate my licence, have read horugh the forum on how to do this different ways, i am running as administrator, zmodeler is up to date. Please HELP
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: I can't Validate my licence

Post by Oleg »

Ensure your platform ID in web account is exactly the one you see in ZModeler.

assign password 123456 onto your platform on "My computers" page again.
specify your account name huntz84 and platform password 123456 in ZModeler on "Account Setup" page. press OK and restart ZModeler as Administrator.

Note, ZModeler folder should not be on your desktop, in "My documents" or in "downlaods" folder. Perfectly, it should not be on your system drive.

So far, I could see your platform ID has never logged in to license server. Trial license can only be installed by ZModeler in automaitc mode: connecting to license server and downloading license key and its verification key.
huntz84

Post by huntz84 »

hi Oleg, thanks for the reply. I have done that with success. thank you. That is what i was doing but today it worked!!
Also where Should i install zmodeler? if not in my docs, downloads or desktop?
thank you
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

You can choose any folder/location you like. You can have several copies of ZModeler in different locations, no problem on this. It is advised not to put ZModeler folder on your system drive. OS windows might put excessive restrictions on functions accessible to an application being run on system drive (and being run not as Administrator). For example, network module might not work properly unless you run ZModeler as Administrator. ZModeler could be unable to re-save or modify it's files (configuration XML file, a file with license) when ZModeler is on system volume drive.

I would recommend something like D:\Software\ZModeler
huntz84

Post by huntz84 »

Hi Oleg, thank you for the explanation. i understand now. thanks