ATS: Front lights have no lightmask texture after export

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

ATS: Front lights have no lightmask texture after export

Postby MeyohMey » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:02 am

Hi,

maybe you have an idea about a possible bug. I've reworked the ATS stock 579 for several months now, adding and removing parts for creating optional attachments (like removing all aero parts and making them seperate add-on options via a unique mountpoint.
Since some point between Aug20th (last fully working model export) and now, I ran into a problem... I'm sure there were a few Zmod3 updates in that time. Now, when I import the 579 cab (or whole truck.pmd full model) for edit, do something totally unrelated (like adding a mountpoint or the weight station thingy, or remove some polys...), and export the model again, the lightmask from the truck's lights has vanished - there are only the flares left. The usual blinker and drl "bars" are also gone.

I re-checked, I haven't tampered with the light at all and the assigned texture is the same as on the fresh-from-the-factory model.
I've reproduced the issue a few times; no matter what I do (even if I just export again without changing anything), the (lights) texture vanishes. It appears not to affect objects without light masks, since a few unlit parts I've created since appear fine.

Could you please look into this? I'm using Zmod3 3.1.5 build 1167 (should me current version)

Thanks,
Torsten aka TomDooley
MeyohMey

Re: ATS: Front lights have no lightmask texture after export

Postby Oleg » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:04 pm

hi.
you need to set 2 UV channels on an object that uses lightmask material; then copy UV#1 to UV#2 (Edit UV -> #2, Generate New, Copy From: #1).

Edit: get an update; the exporter will do the stuff above automatically.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: ATS: Front lights have no lightmask texture after export

Postby MeyohMey » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:13 am

Oleg,

thank you so much for your quick help, problem is solved with the update.

You offer the best product support I've ever experienced!

Torsten
MeyohMey

Return to ATS and ETS2 by SCS Software