Problem Tranferring Parts

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

Problem Tranferring Parts

Postby camarors51 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:36 am

I have been trying to use custom bumpers from mod trucks in mods for scs trucks. When everything is completed and I click on the mod part in the in-game shop, the game crashes. Import a factory bumper first, then the mod bumper from a mod truck. I use the original bumper as a guide to position the mod, then delete the original bumper (also tried replacing the items within the original bumper with those from the mod bumper). The main object is given a unique name prior to export. Any ideas as to why the game crashes, or do I need to do this completely different? New to ZModeler. Thanks in advance. Note: when I export, there are no errors that show in ZModeler.
camarors51

Re: Problem Tranferring Parts

Postby Oleg » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:41 pm

have you checked the game.log.txt file for details regarding this crash? may be some error was logged before the game has crashed? The file is located in My Documents/EuroTruckSimulator2/ folder.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby camarors51 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:14 pm

I'll check it. Just edited a bumper that came with a mod truck to rotate two light nodes that were turned the wrong way. Unpacked the mod truck and used it for the base and mod folder, then re-packed it after export. When I click on the bumper in the in-game shop, it crashes.
camarors51

Postby camarors51 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:15 pm

I just tried making a new version of a lug nut mod that I made and had working on game version 1.6 beta before I reverted to 1.5 (current release). Having the same issue with this one. I re-extracted my base.scs after reverting, but I feel like the problem may be related to building mods off of 1.6 beta before. Possible?
camarors51

Postby camarors51 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:12 pm

Update. Just upgraded back to version 1.6 beta and my mods are working. I don't know if the original upgrade to 1.6 modified my base files and they weren't changed back at the time of downgrade, or if it has something to do with ZModeler3.
camarors51

Return to ATS and ETS2 by SCS Software