1.6 Update For ATS Causing SCS Mods Not to Appear

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

1.6 Update For ATS Causing SCS Mods Not to Appear

Postby 1truckingenthusiast » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:54 am

Since ATS was updated to the 1.6 beta yesterday, the PMG files are not fully showing the SCS mods (trucks, trailers, and parts) in zmodeler 3. Will there be a fix for it?
1truckingenthusiast

Re: 1.6 Update For ATS Causing SCS Mods Not to Appear

Postby Oleg » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:30 am

its in the works. update will be ready shortly.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Oleg » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:36 pm

Ready as a beta update. Enable beta updates download in Settings\General\Network\Updates.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby 1truckingenthusiast » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:16 pm

Oleg wrote:Ready as a beta update. Enable beta updates download in Settings\General\Network\Updates.

Where do I find the beta updates at Oleg?
1truckingenthusiast

Postby Oleg » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:20 pm

Settings -> general -> network -> install beta updates. then restart ZM and let it download beta updates.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby 1truckingenthusiast » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:37 pm

It worked, thanks!
1truckingenthusiast

Postby snovakor » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:15 am

Oleg,

thank you on that information ... I did not know that we have Beta option here in your zModeler too ... lol ...

anyway .... mine still dont work .... I did like you said ... get Beta update /close/and again open zModeler ...

imported/exported but the same problem with invisibility my models are in there ....

here is picture ... if will that give you some help info too ... for work ... http://prntscr.com/eflwn0

of course I will wait on new update and try again ...

p.s .... I cant LogIn here on Forum with my Platform name : heavyalex .... but I use that other, my first new "snovakor" from past .... is it possible to connect on Forum with the same name from Platform Account ??
snovakor

Postby Oleg » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:49 am

an updated filter exports pmg version 506D6714, it will not write file with version 0x506D6713 like on your screenshot. so, your models are not exported with an updated filter.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Harald-RS » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi Oleg,

i have the same Problem under ETS2:

Here are the log error:

Code: Select all
00:03:53.914 : <ERROR> [model] Model geometry '/vehicle/truck/scania_scab_2016/truck.pmg' has incorrect file magic/version 506d6714 - expected magic/version 506d6713
00:03:54.071 : <ERROR> [model] Model geometry '/vehicle/truck/scania_scab_2016/truck.pmg' has incorrect file magic/version 506d6714 - expected magic/version 506d6713
00:03:54.090 : <ERROR> model_template.cpp(560): ?cache_data_handler@model_template_u@prism@@UEAAXXZ: Failed to load model descriptor (.pmd) or model geometry (.pmg) for '/vehicle/truck/scania_scab_2016/truck.pmg'.
Greetings
Harald
Sorry for my bad english, i from germany.
Harald-RS

Postby snovakor » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:03 am

Hi Oleg,

today I tried again , first with Beta update in zModeler 3 .. and then without ... the same problem is still in there ...

Q: did you updated already on version which will Export to us good or we must still wait ? that part I did not understand ... :(

I will show you that my sign.-billboard which cause me such a problems ...

this one is not on Beta zModeler update

http://prntscr.com/efvhbt

I export that in http://prntscr.com/efvhk6 like always and that is some yellow lines down there ... http://prntscr.com/efvhup

the same result is with Beta version too ... and in game Editor I got the same result like on picture above ....

Q: is , we must still wait on your some new update ...or it must already work ? .... if is already everything ok in zModeler .... question is , why that dont work in game Editor .... because it was worked before that last update ok ... and if zModeler Export ok ... why still make problems with that red lines ?

thank you on your time and answers ;)

p.s .... that on first picture above in Editor was tested after when I put your Beta yesterday in function ...and I still got the same result ... with some less red lines ... but still I can not see Billboard in game ..
snovakor

Postby Oleg » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:32 am

the filter update is for beta game version (that will become released some day). Beta filter exports in new format which is incompatible with current game version (unless you enable "Public beta" in Steam to get your game updated). If you want to revert to old PMG format to be able to export into your current game version, get the SCS SoftPrism3D.zmf from original zmodeler3.zip pack and do not update ZModeler.

Installing beta update of the filter in ZModeler assumes you already run a beta version of the game and test your mods compilation for an upcoming game update. Otherwise, you don't need to use beta filter exports at the moment.

@Harald-RS, 506d67_14_ - expected magic/version 506d67_13_ (14 is the new model format, 13 is an old model format. export is available in new format only, you cant export in old format with updated filter.

@snovakor, same here, if you use beta update of filter, use its files in beta update of the game. Also, the hierarchy on your screenshot looks bad to me. It should not contain child objects inside Vis01, so hierarchy "root -> Vis -> Vis01 -> something" is wrong, while "root -> Vis -> Vis01, Vis02, Vis03" is Ok.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Harald-RS » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:30 am

Thanks for Information Oleg.
Greetings
Harald
Sorry for my bad english, i from germany.
Harald-RS

Postby snovakor » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:52 pm

Oleg,

thank you on answer ...

on the end .... I made whole new sign ! .... that old one cause to much problems, and faster was make something new ... hahahaha...

now is working ok....

Just one more Q:

I dont need to have zModeler now on Beta version, right ?? :)
snovakor

Postby snovakor » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:23 am

Oleg,

I have one more Question ....

like I said , I made totally new sign - model ... for that .... and here it is : http://prntscr.com/egc938

you can see those Vis and Coll from 1-6 .... sign- model work perfect in game ;)

Later, I Import from my data my new sign - model .... and I got something different - this : http://prntscr.com/egcatr

I got just Vis and Coll from 1-2 ...

So, where are Vis and Coll from 3-6 ? ... is that new option, connected all Vis and Coll together ? ... I saw, when I click on Vis 01 ... that I have now all Vis from 1-4 together - before was separated from 1-4 s ... 5 and 6 are pictures for both sides ...
snovakor

Postby Oleg » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:49 pm

objects inside "Vis" group are allowed to be merged together on export if they reside on a single material. So, Vis 01, Vis 02, ... Vis 06 are quite possible to get merged into single object if they use the same material.

I'm not quite sure, but I fill you miss the idea of visual variations and paint/skin look on a model. Visual variation is a different geometry components that game can toggle on/off to combine a visually different 3D geometry object. E.g. it could be an AD pole on one leg, on two legs, an AD template with 3-sides and so on. This is what variations are for. In your case I assume you have one 3D model and want different skin/banner to appear on it? If so, you don't need Vis01....Vis06 objects. Actually, just one object is enough. Make a proper material configuration to have different AD banners on your model. Here's how this works:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5709

This guide is quite old and could be inaccurate, but general guideline is still the same.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby snovakor » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:17 am

Oleg,

yes, you're right .... and I obviously forgot on that yes ... it is Model (sign) which has inside him different banners, yes ... now work ok ... but that old one has just one VIS 01 ... still today I dont understand why that it wont work .... I saw it in zModeler ... but after Export in game was just blue dot with all red lines ... lol

anyway, thank you on that information ... I will read all again ... thank you on your time ;) !

Alex , MHAPro
snovakor

Postby wagad25 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:34 pm

Problem zmodeler 3 beta scs

Merge models ON
http://prntscr.com/ehnh42

Merge Models OFF
wagad25

Postby Oleg » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:38 pm

no second screenshot appears.
send me original pmd+pmg, so I could check it up here.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby wagad25 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:07 am

wagad25

Return to ATS and ETS2 by SCS Software