Paint error

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

Paint error

Postby kilinks » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:14 am

I'm having a problem. I'm making house models for a map, and this models has a lot of looks (to gave more option for the map editors). I use a Dual Diff mat for this (adapt: dif.spec.mult.dif.spec), but everytime I export the house, when I test it in game, the paint looks turn all to black. Anyone know how can I fix that? Image :cry: :cry: :cry:
kilinks

Re: Paint error

Postby Oleg » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:55 am

1. ensure per-vertex color on a model is bright (usually RGB 192, 192, 192 is used in game). Select object, then use Surface->paint->Color, expand properties, set color and press "Fill Selected".

2. dif.spec.mult.dif.spec can produce dark look depending on textures you use, try different shader first, may be it will give better result; then try different texture(s), may be original game textures as a test, since the problem might be related to textures too.

Does the problem occur when you switch paint/looks only? have you tried to re-import your model back into ZModeler to see material settings on associated paint/look variants? have you inspected associated .mat files manually? also, have you tried the model in game, may be the game will report more detailed error log related to this case?
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby kilinks » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:04 pm

i always check the material manually but the error still happening, i also check the material settings and its ok. I will try to use different shaders to see if can give me results, i'll keep this post updated, and yes, just happens when i switch paintings/looks only, and no, no reports on game log. Thanks for help, i'll keep this updated =D
kilinks

Postby kilinks » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:10 pm

my friend that works with me, he makes the same models as me and when he exports there is no error, but when i do it the error shows up, he said me that his shadders works but my shaders won't. I do all the work, but he needs to export it.
kilinks

Postby Oleg » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:28 am

compare the .mat file created on your export and the one you get from your friend. I suppose the problem is there. Also, as an alternative, try your (black) export mod with your friend's .PMD file only (replace just one file in your export) and test it too. the problem could be related to PMD file only.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby kilinks » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:03 pm

We tested the black PMD and then we replaced for the good PMD and didn't solve the problem, aparently the problem is related to .mat files. Looking by the .mat lines we can't find any difference.
kilinks

Postby Oleg » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:32 pm

if your friend re-imports your problematic (black) model and exports it again on his computer, does this solve the problem? if it does, send me both .pmd+pmg combinations - a pack with your export and a pack with your friend's fix.

alternatively, send me two packs with your model export and your friend's export (assuming you export them both from the same .z3d file).
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby kilinks » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:12 pm

If he opens the .z3d file and then exports it yes the problem is solved, i'm sending you both PMD's and PMG's.
kilinks

Postby kilinks » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:58 pm

i've sent you a message containing both PMD and PMG
kilinks

Postby Oleg » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:30 am

thanks, I'll check them as soon as it could be possible. probably on Monday.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby kilinks » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:45 am

Ok, waiting for answer.
kilinks

Return to ATS and ETS2 by SCS Software