Skins not showing properly after export

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

SIGGI28

Skins not showing properly after export

Post by SIGGI28 »

The following problem,

if I import a truck and export it again, the paint is not displayed correctly in the game, so "normal colors" go, but no canopy as an example.
In my picture what I have uploaded, you can see it well, the skin I ve made as a template mod and still it is displayed incorrectly

These are the SCS trucks.
With the Scania 2016 I do not have the problem, since the skins work.

Before:

After:

Hope anyone can help me. ;=)
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Skins not showing properly after export

Post by Oleg »

After you have imported a model into ZModeler, locate a material in Materials Browser with adaptation name "truckpaint". Open its properties and change DETAIL2 texture's mapping from "Manual UV#2" to "Manual UV#3". Then export the model.
SIGGI28

Post by SIGGI28 »

So it was on Manual UV#1 i changed it to #3 but it haven´t changed anything

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

What is your SCSSoftPrism3D.zmf file version as shown in Settings->Plugins->Manager?
Also, locate the generated material file associated with "truckpaint" material and show the contents of this file please.
SIGGI28

Post by SIGGI28 »

The File is 3.2.1 (Build 473)

I hope you mean this ^^
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

well, this MAT file does not look like it was exported with material being set to "Manual UV#3". Are you sure you've made everything correct? If still no luck, try to assign "empty.dds" texture in DETAIL2 texture slot. This texture is located in game's /vehicle/truck/share/paintjob folder if I'm not mistaken.
SIGGI28

Post by SIGGI28 »

Oh wait, i will export it with Manual UV#3 sry ^^
SIGGI28

Post by SIGGI28 »

After export it with Manual UV#3 its still the same text in the Mat File

I will try it with the dds
SIGGI28

Post by SIGGI28 »

It worked, thank you so much!

After i exported it with material being set to "Manual UV#3" and assigned the empty.dds File its worked.

^^
Thanks
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

actually, it should work even without "empty.dds" if I'm not mistaken... At least there were changes related to exactly this issue.
SIGGI28

Post by SIGGI28 »

So when i started modding, it worked to but one day, i got this isssue
Deezle

Post by Deezle »

I'm having this same problem as well. In the latest version of Zmod, 3.3.0 Build 1230.

This is what I see when I import this model into the latest version of Zmodeler.

This is what I see when I import the same exact file into 3.2.1 build 1195.

This seems like a problem with Zmodeler, I've always been aware of having to change UV #2 to UV #3, but this issue is new, is there a reason Zmod can't retain this information when importing a file?
Harald-RS
Beginner

Post by Harald-RS »

Because it does not need the empty DDS in the material file.

Because it is irrelevant. SCS does not use the file in its material files either.

Therefore, there is nothing in it but UV3 must be set there.
Greetings
Harald
My System: PC Windows 11
Deezle

Post by Deezle »

I'm setting UV3, but it is not reliable. About half the time I do that, the skin is messed up after export. This doesn't happen if I use the old version.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Geometry object assigned to "truckpaint" material is exported with the following scenario:
1. By default, material "truckpaint" gives layout:
UV#3 for alternative mapping paintjob when DETAIL2 is set to "Manual UV#3"; UV#2 when DETAIL2 is set to "Manual UV#2" and UV#1 when DETAIL2 is set to "Manual UV#1".
UV#2 for default template paintjob when DETAIL2 is set to "Manual UV#3" or "Manual UV#2"; UV#1 when DETAIL2 is set to "Manual UV#1".
UV#1 for detail and spec texture.

UV#1 is assigned to all slots if material configuration is incorrect or DETAIL2 slot is missing on a shader. "Missing slot" means it is not available at all (e.g. "Bump+Diff+Spec+Env" shader). When it is available and has no texture assigned, this is not the case - data is read from empty (untexture) shader slot configuration in such a case.

2. If your geometry object has less UV channels than the default layout specifies, the maximum UV channel is assigned on such a slot. For example, a geometry with two uv channels will have UV#2, UV#2 and UV#1 assigned respectively. A geometry with only one UV channel will have UV#1, UV#1, UV#1 assignment.

3. Any other texture can suppress the setup above by explicitly assigning its UV channel in materials editor. So does "DETAIL" slot and "BUMP" slot.

So, the actual result of paintjob in game depends both on your geometry UV channels data and on DETAIL2 texture slot configuration.

Note, truckpaint material have to be the primary material on a geometry. If it is one of paint "variants", the exported model is configured with respect to primary material (the one in materials editor) only. Thus, for example, your paint variants could be "plastic", "color painted", "chrome", but the "color painted" have to be the first one and it should be the one used in materials editor for this particular geometry, while "plastic" and "chrome" could be variants in "Material States".