skinning a standalone

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

lorenzo050

skinning a standalone

Post by lorenzo050 »

does anyone know how to make templates for the truck en how i make a new ao for the truck?
lorenzo050

Re: skinning a standalone

Post by lorenzo050 »

does any one know how i can make a template for my truck? and how i can make an new ao?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: skinning a standalone

Post by Oleg »

you can use "Edit UV" tool in "Keep original" mode to bring current model-to-texture unwrap into "UV Mapper" window. You can use "Select\by Material" as a first step to select polygons that use "truckpaint" material only, so no other materials are in a question. Once you do EditUV->Keep old, you can switch any viewport to "UV Mapper". Pick there desired material to see model-to-texture unwrap.

Keep in mind, that default truckpaint shader allows 3 uv/texture mapping for the model - the first one for default (ao and detail) texture, the second is for standard-template skin and the third is for alternative-layout skin. So, when you use "Edit UV" tool, specify which UV channel is in a question (#1 is the default).

To create AO texture, you can use UV#1 and "Render UV" tool to create shaded (black to white) rendered texture. You can combine this texture in Photoshop with original detail texture to add extra shadows onto it..

To create template layout, you can render "UV atlas" to get a wireframe UV layout only. You can use it later as a gude/template texture to paint on.