Lightmask Problem

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

luis_gustavo09

Lightmask Problem

Post by luis_gustavo09 »

Hello, I'm having a problem with lightmask textures when importing game base models. It looks like the UV coordinates get lost and completely out of position, I've tried several solutions and none have worked for me, is there any solution?

Image 1 - Textures out of place when opening in Zmodeler
Image 2 - Same model when opened in blender, with the textures in their proper place

https://imgur.com/a/kiov3lT

Ps: sorry for my english, I'm using the translator for this message
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Lightmask Problem

Post by Oleg »

Check the material's DETAIL2 texture slot or MASK texture slot (don't remember which of them) and set "UV Source" to "Manual UV#2" after import. You should see correct mapping in ZModeler and after an export, it should be correct in game too.
luis_gustavo09

Post by luis_gustavo09 »

When importing the model the UVSET was defined as UV#2 and the coordinates were out of place, the solution I found was to use the UV copy, copying the coordinates from "UV#1" to "UV#2"... I believe it is an error in the shader configuration, as this is happening in several pieces that use "Bump+DualDiff", in any case, this UV copy seems to have worked
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

nope, it looks like mask texture is mapped exactly as primary texture and uses UV#1. In game the geometry can have its own channels assignment for the same material, but in ZModeler channels assignment is controlled by material itself.

I guess you should avoid "copy uv" in your case, just set "Manual UV#1" on mask/detail2 texture where it shows "Manual UV#2" on import.
Mmeister

Post by Mmeister »

Hi, I new to Z modeler and have a similar issue on a ATS trailer. I tried edited material UV channels but no luck. Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong/how to correct colors. Thanks.

https://ibb.co/RyFvNGW
https://ibb.co/C7Q4yL9

All surfaces are messed up in game including the reflective stripes.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I can see your materials have no textures. This is an incorrect import scenario, textures should be loaded too.
Mmeister

Post by Mmeister »

Edit: I'll add textures manually - reading your guide right now - I hope it should work. Its strange to me since ETS2 files load textures no problem.
Mmeister

Post by Mmeister »

Hi, I've managed to solve the problem with the trailer's missing textures successfully, thank you.

Can I ask another question I'm kinda lost about: what it means that all textures would be shown as purple in game?

SCS jeep_2 was imported and it had missing/renamed original SCS materials and most were missing textures. I added the missing textures manually to mats available ''Jeep_2_xyz(...).mat'' and it all shows fine in the Zmodeler. However in the game no matter how I export, all ''new'' mats are shown as purple. On exports new unique name is given to material such as usual: 0332bffb62c7abac.mat

If I could use some advice pls.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

If I'm not mistaken, "red" materials in game means "material file not found' (.mat files location is wrong) and "purple" materials are "textures not found". Check the game log - you are likely to find the errors/warnings related to missing materials/textures. You could see there a full path the game used to locate a texture - may be path to texture(s) is wrong?
Mmeister

Post by Mmeister »

I've had it red when I tried changing the location of mats & textures manually after export. Will check ingame log. Thanks for the tip.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

in general, you should not change location of .mat or .tobj files after export. ZModeler will create required folder(s) and create these files in proper folders. You might need to copy each .dds file next to an associated .tobj file. The rest should be fine.

If you get .mat or .tobj in a wrong folder (other than you expected it to be in), then you should refine settings on material/texture groups, as ZModeler computes folder name from these group names. Other than that, ZModeler can utilize "automat" folder like original game models do. All materials will go into evaluated (via hash on file data) sub-folders of "automat" folder.
Mmeister

Post by Mmeister »

OK, thanks Oleg, got that part of import of materials solved for the most part. I refine reconnection of textures manually and it does the trick.