paint job question

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

jfrye2007

paint job question

Post by jfrye2007 »

I have made a few parts from scratch for a truck mod. Nothing major, just some fenders and a deckplate. Can anyone explain to me why the paint job shows up on some of the parts but not other parts? For example, One set of fenders will be perfect (Solid color like they should be) while another set has the paint job all messed up and mixed up on the fender.

All parts made following the same process, and all UV mapped using same process, yet some still have messed up paint jobs. Below are a couple pictures of what I am referring to. First, what did I do to cause the paint job to be messed up on the tanks and deckplate. Secondly, why is it messed up on 1 set of fenders but not the other?

Oleg
Site Admin

Re: paint job question

Post by Oleg »

Paintjob is mapped via UV channel #2. Some skins uses UV#3. Have you created an UV layout for UV channels #2 and #3 on your newly-created geometries?
jfrye2007

Post by jfrye2007 »

Since I dont fully understand what you are saying, I will say that no I have not. Is it possible to get a quick explination on what you mean? If it is too involved, I will do my best to figure it out on my own
jfrye2007

Post by jfrye2007 »

In case anyone runs into this issue, I figured out how to fix the issue, at least for me. I went into the Surface tab, and under mapping I selected Reset UV Mapping. I clicked the drop down arrow and checked Channels 1, 2 and 3. My issue is now fixed and everything works as it should.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

If I'm not mistaken "Reset UV" drops mapping to upper-left pixel of texture, so main texture on a model as well as paintjob color taken from top-left pixel of texture might not fit your needs. For example, if the upper-left pixel of paintjob texture has different color than the rest of the truck skin, polygons with "reset uv" will get a color paint of this upper-left texture's color instead of "the rest of skin" you might intended to have.

There are video guides on "UV Mapping", this is generally the key to the subject.