Glass Problem

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

fabbromix

Glass Problem

Post by fabbromix »

I wonder if you could tell me how to darken the brightness of the glass where I no longer know what to change.

My setting Glass Zmod.

Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Glass Problem

Post by Oleg »

copy material settings and material textures from original game models for your glass material. the glass shader might have some specific logic to texture channels and/or vertex color channels.
fabbromix

Post by fabbromix »

Oleg wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:43 am copy material settings and material textures from original game models for your glass material. the glass shader might have some specific logic to texture channels and/or vertex color channels.
Thanks for the advice, unfortunately even changing the MAT file with the one from Game I have the same problem.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

then the problem is in geometry itself. paint per-vertices color to grey color and per-vertices alpha to black.
fabbromix

Post by fabbromix »

Oleg wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:05 am then the problem is in geometry itself. paint per-vertices color to grey color and per-vertices alpha to black.
Unfortunately I don't understand what I should change, if possible would you give me screenshots of what I should change so I can understand the changes?

Thank.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

..I've checked the original geometry of truck's windscreen and I see nothing specific there to be set. the per-vertex color is RGB 128,128,128 and alpha is 255. So far, I can't give an advice on what could be wrong or what should be done. I personally would do a trial-and-error tests as follows:

1. import original truck's cabin into your scene and leave a windscreen only (delete the rest) .
2. duplicate an object of truck's windscreen and put them both into your hierarchy (so both screens will get exported). Mind to move them one aside of another, so you can see both.
3. assign your model's glass material onto one of these truck's windscreens.
4. duplicate a glass object of your model (and move it aside). Assign original windscreen's material onto the copy of your glass object.

So, you have two materials: your glass and original glass; and you have four objects (two clones of your glass and two copies of original windscreen) with every pair of object being assigned yours material and original material.

5. export and check in game. make a screenshot and add explanations (or draw on screenshot) - where original material and where yours.

I assume original windscreen with original material should work like in-game (correct glass). The rest will reveal a problem - either original windscreen with your material will be buggy, or your glass model with original material will be buggy...
fabbromix

Post by fabbromix »

I did as you advised, I inserted the glass of the truck in the CAT mod and I can see well.
• 2nd - test I assigned the same material to the glass of the truck to the mod but nothing changes very high light.
I checked the settings of the 2 glasses are identical but that of the CAT mod is always displayed badly.

Link: https://ibb.co/VCvhPVL
SpeedyJoe

Post by SpeedyJoe »

Try this

fabbromix

Post by fabbromix »

SpeedyJoe wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:20 pm Try this

Perfect, it worked well. Thanks.