No valid licence

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

ajb86

No valid licence

Post by ajb86 »

Hello, sorry for posting here but i could not post in the licence section.

i did an update of the program and it wiped from my computer, i reinstalled a fresh copy from the website but now i am stuck in the loop of licence validation.
i have validated the licence and my information comes up as it should but when i go to import something it tells me my licence denies the action.

please help, i have 8 days left on current subscription.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: No valid licence

Post by Oleg »

looks like ZModeler can't save license key on a hard drive.

Right-click on ZModeler folder, pick "properties", toggle off "read-only", press OK and specify "To all files and folders inside".
Then run Zmodeler as administrator and let it download and validate license. note, it should write something like "Verification: revalidate in 6 days".

Once license is saved on a hard drive, you get a file "Codelib.dynamic" in a "Shared" folder - make sure you've got this file now. Also, this file is updated each time you run ZModeler, so it's "modification date/time" should be very recent.

Mind not to put ZModeler folder on your desktop, "my documents" or in "Downloads" folders. Prefer a folder on non-system drive if possible.
ajb86

Post by ajb86 »

dont really know what was going on, but 2 hours later it started working
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

ZModeler requires to re-validate license (refresh license validity for several days ahead). In most of cases, ZModeler does this automatically when you open License Information window or several days in advance to validity expiration. When new validity key (validation) is provided by license server, you should restart ZModeler, and it will work with your license further with no problems.

Mind NOT to run several copies of ZModeler at a time, file access conflict will result in problems accessing your license key on a hard drive.