Out of memory?

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

jfrye2007

Out of memory?

Post by jfrye2007 »

I was working with interior on the SCS w900 for ATS. I imported the animation model, did the work I wanted and when I went to export it pops up and says out of memory. I thought that maybe because I had zmodeler open for a while that it could be the issue. I closed zmod and restarted, redid the work and tried to export again. I got the same error with zmodeler only being open for less than 10 minutes.

What would be causing that error?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Out of memory?

Post by Oleg »

is it 32 bit version or 64 bit version?

send me a download link to your file, may be something is damaged there.
jfrye2007

Post by jfrye2007 »

It is 64 bit 3.2.1 build 1195

Thank you. I sent you a PM with the link.
jfrye2007

Post by jfrye2007 »

Thank you Oleg. I can now export the model. When I do that though, I get this error. Can anyone give any insight on this error?

Error setting up hierarchy: bone for object J_d_air_psi0 has negative ID assigned.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you should assign proper bone ID on skeleton bones. they should not overlap and perfectly should go straight one after another. Right-click on any bone in hierarchy view, use Bones->Set ID to read or assign ID.

root node should have 0, it's first child should have ID 1, its second child should have ID 2 and so on. Then upon reaching last child of root, expand first child branch and continue assigning IDs from that point.

NOTE! Changing IDs on bones that already have IDs assigned will require you to re-export all assocaited animation files.

That is why it is advised to find a bone ID that has the maximum ID in your hierarchy and continue assigning IDs starting from that value. Note, you have several bones "J_d_****" in your hierarchy with ID being set to -1, so you will need to assign several IDs in a row.

Important: each bone can NOT has an ID value less than it's parent bone ID value.

It is strongly advised to re-import your model after an export to ensure your hierarchy is retained properly.