Problem with PMG file after export

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

MLH82

Problem with PMG file after export

Post by MLH82 »

Hi guys, probably a stupid newbie issue but it's been buggin me for days and I cant find the solution.

For an ATS-mod I need to change some existing models, I import them, change some and export them. This works fine when I delete something from the imported model and export as PMD again. The PMG file (>15 kb) then is working fine and the model appears correct in game.

However, when I add something to the imported model and export its as PMD, it automatically generates a 1 kb PMG file. The model then appears not working in game. As I said, its probably something easy what Im missing but im stuck at it. Looking forward to your help!
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Problem with PMG file after export

Post by Oleg »

the very first step you should do is to re-import your problematic model into ZModeler and take a look what exactly is wrong there.
MLH82

Post by MLH82 »

I did, forgot to mention that in my post. The model doesn't appear when I re-load, like the file is empty.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

when you export to a file test.pmd, the exporter will pick branch named "test" from hierarchy. This branch is expected to have sub-branches as groups (logically) and meshes with dummies/locators inside these groups. Always pay attention to the messaging bar to see whether any errors or warnings are logged there.